Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

creating apple id

• 05-08-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

my daughter got an ipod for her birthday, I have setup an account but everytime I try to download an app or sign into iTunes it wants credit card details...

do you have to give them this for an apple id? - I don't really feel comfortable giving my 11 year old access to my credit card!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mr.McLovin wrote: »
    my daughter got an ipod for her birthday, I have setup an account but everytime I try to download an app or sign into iTunes it wants credit card details...

do you have to give them this for an apple id? - I don't really feel comfortable giving my 11 year old access to my credit card!

Pick a free app and there's an option to select "none at this time"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

kceire wrote: »
    Pick a free app and there's an option to select "none at this time"

done that seems that option has been removed

its driving me nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you trying to do it on the iPod or in iTunes?

guil wrote: »
    Are you trying to do it on the iPod or in iTunes?

both

I get message: The Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes store. Please review your account information.

both then redirect me to a page asking to agree with the terms and then asks me for credit card details with no option of by passing it

• Advertisement

ok I registered with my credit card details and then removed them afterwards, it seems that this is the only way to do it just thought I'd let people know before they throw the ipod against the wall :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The “none” option hasn’t been removed. But you have to download a free app first and then follow the instructions to create an account. Sounds like you created the account first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Rather than giving your credit card details, try purchasing an itunes card for a nominal amount.

Sounds like you created the account first.

yup that's what I did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Mr.McLovin wrote: »
    yup that's what I did :)

There's your problem haha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement