Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I remember aiming being a lot easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its been years since I played resi 1 & 2, so I dont remember any of the puzzles - are they not all of the "yellow sigil in the yellow opening" kind of thing? in that they're more fetch questy / inventory juggling than anything else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its been years since I played resi 1 & 2, so I dont remember any of the puzzles - are they not all of the "yellow sigil in the yellow opening" kind of thing? in that they're more fetch questy / inventory juggling than anything else?

The remake makes a lot of changes so it's basically like a brand new game.

Some of the puzzles can be fetch questy but there are quite a few clever ones. Later games went more fetch quest but there's a real adventure game element to the original Resi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

To an extent. But alot of them require reading notes and gathering information to figure them out.

Something beyond the current generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

To an extent. But alot of them require reading notes and gathering information to figure them out.

The youth of today, sniff…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Press 'X' to solve puzzle.
    'Turn back you are leaving the battle area.'

sugarman wrote: »
    Don't usually buy digital but €20 cross buy is too good not to pass up.

Did I read something about 10%off somewhere during the week?

If you are a PS Plus member since before Christmas, you'll get a 10% discount code for this weekend only to compensate for the outage of online services over the Christmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sugarman wrote: »
    Did I read something about 10%off somewhere during the week?

You should have the code tomorrow and it's valid until the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If you are a PS Plus member since before Christmas, you'll get a 10% discount code for this weekend only to compensate for the outage of online services over the Christmas break.

Nope, ALL psn users get the 10% off code, ps+ users also get 5 additional days of + membership.

Nope, ALL psn users get the 10% off code, ps+ users also get 5 additional days of + membership.

Do they? Ah, right. I thought is was just PS Plus. Carry on. Nothing to see here…

• Advertisement

remember when games manuals used to have a notes section in the back? - I never used it cause I preferred to keep my stuff pristine, but I do remember having a copybook full of codes for different games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you didn't like 5 you absolutely hate 6. It's like a more boring, uninteresting Resi 5.

4 was amazing, and still is, played it so many times and still love it. No rose tinted glasses here. Have the ps3 and Wii version now. played on ps2 and GameCube. GameCube version looks miles better than the ps2 but ps2 has Ada side stories. The Wii and ps3/360 version are the full GameCube version with the Ada stuff from ps2, so, both great versions. Really want a port to the 3ds but I don't think it's gonna happen :(

On re5. Yes it's more action and more of a mass market game, but overall I thought it was an excellent action game. The original version of re5 with just Chris, man, would have loved to have played that. That side kick chick, shevera or what ever her name is kinda takes you out of the game a lot. But it's worth a play through and the DLC was great! Must play it again.

Re6, ugh. I was so excited to play as Leon again, but, somehow it just didn't work, I gave up by the time I got a bit into CoD Chris's bit. The sad part is, re6 is the best selling Ressy so, people bought it no matter what way you look at it and capcom see cash, not fans giving out. I think re7 will be more of the same tbh. But I can see re2 and 3 getting remakes this gen to keep everyone happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

is this not a bit expensive for 20 quid?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roar wrote: »

Seems like a reasonably price tbh

You're gettingone of the best horror games ever made that most people missed out on. It's also not a straight port, there's been a lot of effort put into it to make it look great at 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

If it leads to a HD remake of RE2 i don't mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For some reason, I never thought Resi 4 HD (which I loved) was worth 20 quid. I'm sure I would enjoy playing through it again but this is worth every penny imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Id pay 20 for a physical version.

Don't want to pay €35 and not mad on a downloaded copy.

Really want to play it though so may decide what to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

You're gettingone of the best horror games ever made that most people missed out on. It's also not a straight port, there's been a lot of effort put into it to make it look great at 1080p.

Yeah you're right. F**k it, I've just pulled the trigger, waiting for it to download
    gazzamc wrote: »
    If it leads to a HD remake of RE2 i don't mind :D

Also this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

One thing that I did not like about Resi 4 was there was no real "New Game" mode.
    I remember starting the 1st mission on my 2nd run with 6 fully levelled guns and it was just stupidly easy.
    As soon as I finished it, I wanted to start again from scratch.
    But i rememberer having all my guns and stuff.
    Perhaps I could have just deleted my GC save file or trashed the guns, i dunno.
    What is the "definitive" version of 4 to buy? Given I have the GC original

• Advertisement

Either the Wii version for the control scheme or the PC HD version, although the console HD versions might run just as well asn PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

My only gripe about the HD edition of Resi 4 on the PC is that the increase in FPS makes the QTE's harder (as in twice as fast). The part where you're on the minecart and have to QTE to pull yourself always fails unless you switch the FPS down to 30 for that portion of the game (you can't change in game, only at the main menu).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

13.50 on g2play.net

I played this before when it was released on the PS1 but my urge to buy this instead of other games that i have yet to play, like Shadow of Mordor (14.99) is insane. Stupid nostalgia ruining everything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

13.50 on g2play.net

I played this before when it was released on the PS1

This is not the same game you played on the ps1.

Whats so great about the control scheme in the Wii version of 4 (he asked without a hint of irony)

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whats so great about the control scheme in the Wii version of 4 (he asked without a hint of irony)

Aiming with the Wiimote
    13.50 on g2play.net

I played this before when it was released on the PS1 but my urge to buy this instead of other games that i have yet to play, like Shadow of Mordor (14.99) is insane. Stupid nostalgia ruining everything

They changed, mixed up and added so much that it's pretty much a brand new Resi game and experience. It's worth it for the Lisa Trevor's bits added in alone. Honestly it's a far better game than Shadow's of Mordor pretends to be.

Aiming with the Wiimote

Is this the "annoying hand getting tired" Aiming with the Wiimote cause that's what I'm assuming :P

Or can I equip my Wii Zapper (used for Resi Wii Rail Shooters) and make super fun happy shooting time?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is this the "annoying hand getting tired" Aiming with the Wiimote cause that's what I'm assuming :P

Or can I equip my Wii Zapper (used for Resi Wii Rail Shooters) and make super fun happy shooting time?

Honestly I never got the whole hand getting tired thing with the wiimote unless you are swinging it around wildly. Rest it on your lap and it's grand.

You can use the Wii Zapper of course but it's just a piece of plastic that holds the Wiimote so not sure what difference that will make.

Honestly I never got the whole hand getting tired thing with the wiimote unless you are swinging it around wildly. Rest it on your lap and it's grand.

You can use the Wii Zapper of course but it's just a piece of plastic that holds the Wiimote so not sure what difference that will make.

He might be the same build as a t-rex:pac:

I've seen people play with their arms outstretched to full extension - of course they're going to get tired, or do they not teach the law of the lever in school any more?

• Advertisement

My frantic years of adolescent onanism meant that holding a wiimote for long periods of time was never an issue. Thank you Pam and her five sisters!

Advertisement