Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

Has the voice acting been redone too? Even an eight year old version of myself found it to be horrific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Has the voice acting been redone too? Even an eight year old version of myself found it to be horrific

Ah, it had a certain charm to it :p

Blatter wrote: »
    Ah, it had a certain charm to it :p

Oh dear, I was hoping all this praise wasn't based on nostalgia! Well I've just bought it anyway. Works out to 16.41 on g2play with tax

I haven't played it yet btw, no idea if they fixed the voice acting. Presumably they did!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The voice acting and dialogue is all new. As I said it's pretty much a brand new game, very different from the original which means it's worth playing both versions of the game since they offer different experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The original voice acting was amazing. It was so bad it made the game better

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The original voice acting was amazing. It was so bad it made the game better

"Stop it! Don't open that door"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really missed the jill sandwich bit :(

Man, played for half hour, died, played the same bit and died again outside a save room :(

Thoroughly enjoying it though. Fairplay capcom a LOT more new stuff than i thought there would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

"Stop it! Don't open that door"

"It's a weapon, it's really powerful!"

Hands you ammo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I really missed the jill sandwich bit :(

Man, played for half hour, died, played the same bit and died again outside a save room :(

Thoroughly enjoying it though. Fairplay capcom a LOT more new stuff than i thought there would be.

Is that bit not in the game?

• Advertisement

gazzamc wrote: »
    Is that bit not in the game?

There's a variation on it ;)

Dialog, that is.

Oh Barry, what is it?

It's........Blood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Barry Burton for Resi 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Barry Burton for Resi 7.

I remember he was on the cover for some Game Boy resi or am I imagining things?

Got all the mansion keys and on my way to Yawn. Top tip, burn the shyte out of zombies you kill!
    I thought it wasn't that big a deal. ByJaysus what have i done. Not only that but zombies have started pouring through windows and safe halls are no longer safe.
    This is f*cking class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

would of been nicer to find that out on our own :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    would of been nicer to find that out on our own :pac:

Balls you're right man, spoilered my post there. Can you edit your post to take my quote out?

Blatter wrote: »
    I remember he was on the cover for some Game Boy resi or am I imagining things?

Yeah Resident Evil Gaiden. A pretty great game despite what the reviews say. However Barry deserves his own game and not some non canon side story. For christ sake Resident Evil Dead Aim is canon but yet Barry has been forgotten.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah Resident Evil Gaiden. A pretty great game despite what the reviews say. However Barry deserves his own game and not some non canon side story. For christ sake Resident Evil Dead Aim is canon but yet Barry has been forgotten.

I'd say he turns up in Revelations 2 considering his daughter is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Caved in a bought it. Playing on the hardest mode as Jill. Had to kill 2 zombies in an area as i couldn't get through so i was left with 10 bullets. Then went through a series of doors with zombies are zombies then to die to a doge. 40mins down the drain. Love it. Forget so much and don't remember the original being this hard. Did it have difficulty choices? Cant remember.

After trying afew combos when zombies grab me, i find 'circling' the d pad and hammering the buttons gets them off faster ( only 1 bite) but sometimes it just doesnt work and they get 3 bites.

What i love most about this game is when you go into a room with a zombie, there is a good chance they will grab you and inflict damage. Multiple zombies can cause death and when the last save was 30 minutes ago, it just makes me more tense. Almost dark souls satisfaction when you get through a bunch of them unscathed.

What is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Just finished the game, with a not so great time of 11 hours 49 mins. Was definitely worth the buy, time to replay it as chris. I hadn't played since I was young so had forgotten most of the puzzles.

file.html[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Finding this more tense after half an hour than The Evil Within. Enjoying it so far. Those zombies take some amount of bullets to take down.

Can't say I'm a fan of the limited items you can carry. Seems like a largely unnecessary constraint.

I've hated that feature in every game though. I used to use console commands in fallout and skyrim to set that carry number to a massive number. I just don't get the appeal of item management.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Can't say I'm a fan of the limited items you can carry. Seems like a largely unnecessary constraint.

I've hated that feature in every game though. I used to use console commands in fallout and skyrim to set that carry number to a massive number. I just don't get the appeal of item management.

Yeah it can be a pain sometimes going from to storage boxes and back, specially with the door animations slowing everything down

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

All part of the survival aspect, pain as it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'd forgotten that when you die that's it - back to the menu screen to reload your last typewriter save! :o

I've just been conditioned over the years that when you die you just go back to the start of the room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Seriously considering getting this. Are the controls the exact same as old or did they change it? I want tank. tanks

Advertisement