Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

I want a HD remake of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's awesome seeing so many people getting to finally see what us GameCube owners have been raving about for years!
    It's the definitive Resi!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seriously considering getting this. Are the controls the exact same as old or did they change it? I want tank. tanks

Controls are optional, tank or modern style

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

My first gaming crush

Image2-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I want a HD remake of this:

barry_grimace.jpg?v=76800

Not impressed!!!!

All part of the survival aspect, pain as it may be.

Ten minutes in and I can't pick stuff up? Meh. Justify it anyway you want, 8 slots is far too restrictive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ten minutes in and I can't pick stuff up? Meh. Justify it anyway you want, 8 slots is far too restrictive.

Don't get salty. Deal with it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, out of the 3 difficulties at the start, I picked the Mountain thing thinking the options meant Normal, Easy and Very Easy. I don't know why I thought that but I have a feeling I'm playing on hard? The pistol is actually useless to these sponges and dying after a few grabs. Not gonna start again or anything but would be nice to know what I'm playing on.

I was really looking forward to Itchy Tasty but the nostalgia was
    ruined when TWO zombies were in the room and I spent over a clip on them and half my health. Definitely not the 4 bullets into the ONE zombie that I remember. Also, just got a taser for my troubles :(

I imagine its better with a controller? I wasn't bothered digging it out last night.

The atmosphere is amazing though. Its tough to get a genuine feeling of fear and tension. It's a bit like a bad horror film the way everyone goes in separate directions at the very start though. I suppose that was inevitable given the nature of a single player exploration game like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Gonna give this a good go this weekend me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone looking to buy this (or anything else) on the PSN store this weekend, here is a 10% discount code.

C4EFQJ4KFB

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/23/get-10-psn-discount-code/?adbid=1085933588099302&adbpl=fb&adbpr=115605765132094&emcid=social_20150123_39264247

• Anyone attempted to use the different controls?

Not the standard GC ones I mean.

Does it have negative or positive effect on gameplay / tension?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently it causes havok when the camera changes since the direction forward changes. The reason the old tank controls were used was to avoid this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apparently it causes havok when the camera changes since the direction forward changes. The reason the old tank controls were used was to avoid this issue.

It doesn't. Whatever direction you're holding maintains a forward run when the camera changes. Similar to dmc1. If anything it makes the game considerably easier as you can change direction instantly and without need for a run button.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kruganomics

Awesome!!

Why am I only finding out about this now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Soooooo...... anyone tried Real Survival mode yet? :cool:

bugs wrote: »
    It doesn't. Whatever direction you're holding maintains a forward run when the camera changes. Similar to dmc1. If anything it makes the game considerably easier as you can change direction instantly and without need for a run button.

I heard it also causes a 95% reduction in testosterone levels for not manning up :P

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Only took about 30 minutes to download on UPC last night. Forgot how difficult the zombies are! Aiming is all over the place so far, I chose the middle option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I heard it also causes a 95% reduction in testosterone levels for not manning up :P

Quite possibly. It does seem somewhat game breaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

MarkR wrote: »
    Only took about 30 minutes to download on UPC last night. Forgot how difficult the zombies are! Aiming is all over the place so far, I chose the middle option.

Middle option is the Easy setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The old tank style controls make the game harder for sure. You can't instantly change direction to "juke" zombies if you are looking to conserve ammo. Playing with the directional controls at the moment, may do a run through with Chris tank controls when i finish the game with Jill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Oh dear, I was hoping all this praise wasn't based on nostalgia! Well I've just bought it anyway. Works out to 16.41 on g2play with tax

just in case anyone else is buying it on PC, you can get it on Nuuvem for about €11.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Options from the start are

Normal
    Easy
    Very easy

I assume you get a hard mode after finishing the game. I played the original on PS and the remake on GC. Really enjoying this so far. Thought I'd use the tank controls but modern gaming has me using the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Should be a hard mode or such, I remember 2 bonus modes from the GC version: One Dangerous Zombie and an Invisible Enemies mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is a hard mode. You have to finish Normal to unlock it. THen finish hard and you unlock Survival and Ghost modes. You can then play Ghost mode on easy normal or hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

When do sales stats usually come in? I imagine this will be a big winner for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Just finished it with Jill on middle difficult in an amazing 21 hours .. Haha took my time exploring

Is there a cheat too get the unlimited magnum from the start? I know you use too have too complete the game on hard or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Watching my brother play this for the 1st time really goes to show simplified games are these days. He couldn't believe the amount of backtracking to save and item juggling he had to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Thankfully, say with alien isolation and having to reach a save point, the developers are remembering that autosave every two seconds removes all tension.

Advertisement