Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Looks like Revelations 2 is on the way, I never played the 1st one, I really should.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/474818/resident-evil-revelations-2-spotted-on-xboxcom/

I played the opening. It's decent but nowhere near as good as the remake. I suppose we should be grateful for whatever scraps of survival horror fall from the Capcom table.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Login here, spread the infection and unlock an ingame item.

https://game.capcom.com/campaign/biohd/en

Trophies/cheevo's announced. Looks like a 4 playthrough minimum for 'Platinum Splattinum' trophy
    Like Taking Candy from a Baby
    Finish the game on Very Easy difficulty or higher (10/Bronze)
    Not in the Mood to Die
    Finish the game on Easy difficulty or higher (10/Bronze)
    Take that, Zombies!
    Finish the game on Normal difficulty or higher (20/Bronze)
    Oh, the Horror
    Finish the game on Hard difficulty (30/Silver)
    We're in This Together
    Finish the game with Jill and Chris (30/Silver)
    The Survival Horror
    Finish the game in Real Survival mode (30/Silver)
    Ghost of a Chance
    Finish the game in Invisible Enemy mode (100/Gold)
    Not Just Any Object
    Obtain the Stone & Metal Object using Chris (20/Bronze)
    Extreme Weed Wacker
    Defeat Plant 42 using (Chris 20/Bronze)
    Written Word is Dead
    Obtain the "Last Book Vol. 2" using Chris (20/Bronze)
    An End to a Poor Girl's Misery
    Defeat Lisa Trevor using Chris (20/Bronze)
    You da Man, Chris
    Finish the game using Chris (30/Silver)
    Grave Digger
    Defeat a Crimson Head prototype using Jill (20/Bronze)
    The Key Master
    Obtain the Helmet Key using Jill (20/Bronze)
    Giant Snake Got Nothin'
    Defeat Yawn using Jill (20/Bronze)
    Where the Magic Happens
    Break into the laboratory using Jill (20/Bronze)
    Alpha Team's Finest
    Finish the game using Jill (30/Silver)
    Get Used To It
    Die for the first time (10/Bronze)
    First Kills Are Special
    Defeat a zombie (10/Bronze)
    Not Taking Any Chances
    Burn up a zombie (10/Bronze)
    Who's the Hunter Now?
    Defeat a Hunter (10/Bronze)
    Bravo, Rebecca
    Save Chris using Rebecca (10/Bronze)
    What a Great Guy
    Save Jill using Barry (10/Bronze)
    Delaying the Inevitable
    Save Richard with a serum (10/Bronze)
    That Was Nice of You
    Save Rebecca from a Hunter (10/Bronze)
    Trust Him
    Save Barry from Lisa Trevor (10/Bronze)
    Sorry I Made You Wait
    Save Jill from confinement using Chris (10/Bronze)
    Sorry About the Wait
    Save Chris from confinement using Jill (10/Bronze)
    The Nightmare Ends
    Finish the game saving Rebecca and Jill using (Chris 30/Silver)
    I'm a Member of S.T.A.R.S.
    Finish the game saving Chris and Barry using Jill (30/Silver)
    Every Man for Himself
    Finish the game without saving anyone using Chris (30/Silver)
    Every Woman for Herself
    Finish the game without saving anyone using Jill (30/Silver)
    Seeing Red
    Defeat a Crimson Head (10/Bronze)
    Not Waiting to Exhale
    Survive your first encounter with Yawn (10/Bronze)
    Deep Sixed
    Defeat mother Neptune (10/Bronze)
    Spider Sense
    Defeat Black Tiger (10/Bronze)
    Herbicide
    Defeat Plant 42
    Don't Stop Running
    Finish the game in three hours (50/Silver)
    Racing and Pacing
    Finish the game in five hours (50/Silver)
    CQC FTW
    Finish the game using only your knife (no lighter, Defensive Items, and stomping zombie heads) (30/Silver)
    Ink is for Squids
    Finish the game without saving (50/Silver)
    Break Out the Marshmallows!
    Burn up two zombies at the same time with the lighter (30/Silver)
    Starsenal
    Obtain all weapons (must load grenade launcher with all shell types) (30/Silver)
    Passion for Fashion
    Obtain all costumes (20/)Bronze
    Every Nook and Cranny
    Visit all places on all maps (20/Bronze)
    Platinum Splattin' 'Em!
    Earn all trophies (Platinum)

Arcade.ie reporting the release date 20th jan and will be 20 euro. Was really expecting it to be more. Would definitely pay 20 for it.

http://www.the-arcade.ie/2014/12/resident-evil-remaster-hd-coming-january-20th/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Arcade.ie reporting the release date 20th jan and will be 20 euro. Was really expecting it to be more. Would definitely pay 20 for it.

http://www.the-arcade.ie/2014/12/resident-evil-remaster-hd-coming-january-20th/

That looks great.

Insert shut up and take my money gif here.

• Advertisement

Trailer showing PC 60FPS gameplay here. Also, there is a whole walkthrough on youtube as it's out in Japan on last gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Are we getting it on disc like in Japan?

Want it on disc, don't want download version but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere at all except in the weekly physical sales from Japan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's an asian version of this that was a physical release and is completely in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it only the pc version that's 60fps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Want
    So
    Much
    The Biohazard Complete Edition
    Click and Drool

The Asian English/Japanese standard release
    Click and yet more Drool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May have just been the way the model was done and moved but did they add jiggle physics to Jill? Just when she was walking past the printer near the beginning of the PC footage it looked to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

CastorTroy wrote: »
    May have just been the way the model was done and moved but did they add jiggle physics to Jill? Just when she was walking past the printer near the beginning of the PC footage it looked to be the case.

Well spotted. :eek:

I had to go back and look again, and it appears they have. :o

I hope there's an option to skip the door/loading cinematics though, they could become annoying during backtracking...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

PS3 captures,

ibqXkRqnHxI6Cw.png
    ibgTro8sRPjyg9.png
    ibh2IAmyX2nhk1.png
    ibl2dLkX4MEYJj.png
    iXscHl9T85H0h.png
    izLlmmLIbdRDr.png
    izQbWy5UPFjRm.png

Capcom announced preorder of Resi Evil Remastered is available now on the (US) PSN store. Preordering will get you copies for both PS3 and PS4. Not on Euro store yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EM7

Does anyone have any idea when we can pre order this on the Irish PSN store? It has already become available on the US store recently.

Good question, i hope the euro release doesn't get pushed back, i have a few quid in my account waiting for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

biohazard-hd-remaster-collectors-package-375237.13.jpg

Nice map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Will this be released in physical form?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EM7

I'm pretty sure it's a digital only version we are getting in the EU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you want a physical release there's an Asian release of the game completely in English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vr7

The gc remake was a truely great game. It was released on the wii called re archives.

Think its just a money makin racket from capcom. The era of survival horror is dead and buried imo.

Re2 and 3 were classics.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

vr7 wrote: »
    The gc remake was a truely great game. It was released on the wii called re archives.

Think its just a money makin racket from capcom. The era of survival horror is dead and buried imo.

Re2 and 3 were classics.

It probably makes them money and those who want to relive "the era of survival horror" get the option to do so, don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Since they've milked the first resident evil remake so much. How come there hasn't been a Resident Evil 2 remake in all those years? Would have been good to play.

But I still think the reason for this to be re-released yet again is because Resident Evil 7 will go "back to roots" as RE6 wasnt well recieved.

A lot of people didn't own a gamecube or the wii version so this is a good opportunity for them to experience it.

As for why there was no remake of 2, apparently the game didn't sell well which is the main reason Resi 4 changed to more action orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A lot of people didn't own a gamecube or the wii version so this is a good opportunity for them to experience it.

As for why there was no remake of 2, apparently the game didn't sell well which is the main reason Resi 4 changed to more action orientated.

Re RE2, the game was hugely well received and broke records at the time.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_2

According to the above, it was the best selling game of the franchise on a single platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I think retro was reffering to the remake not 2.

I never got to play the REmake on gc or wii, can anyone confirm if the music is the same? I usually don't pay attention to the background music but RE 1 was just magnificent.

As for RE 7 going back to its roots, i don't trust capcom for one second. Very interested to see what its like but I'm zero hyped for it at the moment.

Music has been remade for the sequel but it stays true to the original and sounds great so don't worry, it's not like Resident Evil directors cut where they butchered the soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Will this be released in physical form?

It was in Asia anyway, with a fully english option in it. I imported it from playasia

20h0fwo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

This might be the one game that makes me turn on the PS3 again! Any more info on EU release dates??

Advertisement