Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Civic Rust Problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

I know there have been examples in the past of Car Manufacturers recalling (and covering the cost of repair) in the UK , but not having similar programs in Ireland ...

Ask over on the Motoring Forum ... somebody might have experience with this and be able to help ..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Thanks RayCon, Was going to put this in the motoring Forum, But as it was more customer service was the problem thought this might be a better place :)

But will ask there if get nowhere here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't create a duplicate thread in the Motors forum. Duplicate threads are generally not allowed on Boards, plus it's a headache for mods to clean up.

If you want it moved over there, just let me know. You can reply on thread, or use the Report Post function.

dudara

Thanks Dudara, Ill leave it here for now. See if anyone has any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

The two Bulletins you include are for the roof.
    If your model is not included in any of those warranty recalls, then it's just not covered.
    Not having a full service history doesn't exclude you from having recall or warranty work done but if there was a full history with it, the main dealer may have noticed any rust problems prior to the expiry of the bodywork warranty (6 yrs?) and carried out the work on your behalf.
    Now that the car is outside the warranty period you would have to prove that the rust was already there inside that period.

• Advertisement

Thanks Emeldc. Bought the car 1 yr ago and no doesn't have a full honda service history, and yes as Honda Galway stated I wouldn't be cover by the extended warranty in this case.

But this doesn't seem to be a problem for Honda Uk where they are still covering Honda's with the same issue with the same situation as mine (Without a full Honda service history) Which i think is just down to bad customer service here in Ireland to their Irish Customer's.

DaraDali wrote: »
    Thanks Emeldc. Bought the car 1 yr ago and no doesn't have a full honda service history, and yes as Honda Galway stated I wouldn't be cover by the extended warranty in this case.

But this doesn't seem to be a problem for Honda Uk where they are still covering Honda's with the same issue with the same situation as mine (Without a full Honda service history) Which i think is just down to bad customer service here in Ireland to their Irish Customer's.

For a car to be covered under dealer warranty the chassis number for that car must show up on the Honda computer system as having a defect. I seriously doubt that Honda UK are repairing all of them regardless. If a dealer here was to repair your car, he simply would not be paid by Honda as he would have not have a claim number. If you have any proof that these repairs are being carried out in the UK, then it might be no harm to write to HONDA IRL and ask for an explanation.

emeldc wrote: »
    For a car to be covered under dealer warranty the chassis number for that car must show up on the Honda computer system as having a defect. I seriously doubt that Honda UK are repairing all of them regardless. If a dealer here was to repair your car, he simply would not be paid by Honda as he would have not have a claim number. If you have any proof that these repairs are being carried out in the UK, then it might be no harm to write to HONDA IRL and ask for an explanation.

Thanks again for the advice Emeldc, Dunno if this counts as proof but from the link I gave above there are 38 pages of users with this fault and a good 20users in the same situation as myself

Added a picture of just one user. But think ill chase up honda Ireland again.

DaraDali wrote: »
    Thanks again for the advice Emeldc, Dunno if this counts as proof but from the link I gave above there are 38 pages of users with this fault and a good 20users in the same situation as myself

Added a picture of just one user. But think ill chase up honda Ireland again.

What you need to find out is if the chassis number on that car was part of warranty campaign or repaired as a goodwill gesture (which I doubt). Any car that is subject to a recall or warranty campaign can be fixed at any time throughout the lifetime of the car. To me it simply doesn't make sense that Honda UK would fix some cars out of warranty but not all of them. Surely they would leave themselves open to all sorts of claims, including your one. However it will be interesting to see if this goes anywhere and I think you are right to follow it up.

Ya thanks again for your Advice, Worked hard on a email today and sent it to Honda Head office in London and any other email address's i could find, claiming Why cover the costs in England and not Ireland asking for clarification etc

It seems that they didnt actually recall cars that had this problem going from what i read in the thread, My car seems to be one of the first models they released and has a few of the most common problems that they had *which i also mentioned in the email *

Ill update this as it goes :) Mods You can move this to Motor thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement