Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre - Enfield

Options
  • 05-08-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

eFibre was due in Enfield a few months ago. It was delayed until July. It is now in my area.

Three to four weeks ago, I asked an Eircom rep when I would get the fibre upgrade. I was told I would get it in two weeks. I still do not have it. Eircom reps tell me today that there is no set date on when my estate/house is getting eFibre.

schedule
    I just want to know when I am getting it and I do not want to be brushed off for a couple of weeks at a time or to be told that despite living in the middle of a eFibre available area, there is no set date in Eircoms of work saying when my main road, 50+ house estate is getting switched on.

Can I please get some solid answers please.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bbk wrote: »
    Hello,

eFibre was due in Enfield a few months ago. It was delayed until July. It is now in my area.

Three to four weeks ago, I asked an Eircom rep when I would get the fibre upgrade. I was told I would get it in two weeks. I still do not have it. Eircom reps tell me today that there is no set date on when my estate/house is getting eFibre.

schedule
    I just want to know when I am getting it and I do not want to be brushed off for a couple of weeks at a time or to be told that despite living in the middle of a eFibre available area, there is no set date in Eircoms of work saying when my main road, 50+ house estate is getting switched on.

Thank you.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi bbk[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I can confirm that efibre availability is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade although the shaded green zone displays exchange level. This is why there is a message located beside the map stating the following:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Please note:[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif] This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]At present there are a lot of areas where there are no planned cabinets and as a result efibre will not be available to customers in these areas - equally there are some areas where there are plans for cabinets but an activation date is yet to be agreed and in most cases we will be unable to offer a timeframe or launch date of specific cabinets (unless one has already been agreed that is).[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you would like to PM me your landline number or specific address I will check with efibre operations to offer you the best indication eircom can offer however it may not be possible to offer you concrete dates if one is not agreed.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Hello,

schedule

Thank you.

Hi bbk
    I can confirm that efibre availability is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade although the shaded green zone displays exchange level. This is why there is a message located beside the map stating the following:

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

At present there are a lot of areas where there are no planned cabinets and as a result efibre will not be available to customers in these areas - equally there are some areas where there are plans for cabinets but an activation date is yet to be agreed and in most cases we will be unable to offer a timeframe or launch date of specific cabinets (unless one has already been agreed that is).

If you would like to PM me your landline number or specific address I will check with efibre operations to offer you the best indication eircom can offer however it may not be possible to offer you concrete dates if one is not agreed.

Thanks

Al
    The most significant thing you have said is that the shaded region is based on exchange information when the individual cabinets reflects actual eFibre availability?

If eFibre is reliant on the cabinets and not the exchange, does it not seem a bit dishonest to use the shaded area as an illustration of availability?

Please, I am here for turning. I'd love all this to be justified and substantiated.

For example, your colleagues have no idea when my estate/house will be activated. So, an area which is eFibre ready but which relies on certain installations (which is fair enough) has absolutely no work schedule even penciled in?

You tell me that eFibre is expected in August but you have no information what so ever when I can actually get it?

Do you genuinely think this is a reasonable kind of carry on?

I have just been told that eFibre in my area is subject to roll out plans which have not yet been made and can be expected in 2015.

Why is Eircom just lying with this roll out map? It is not like I am on the outskirts of the shaded region. I am in the middle of it and you're using the illustrative line as an excuse for supplying the service 6 plus months after you said you would?

Where did this "two weeks" line come from at your call center?

Hello,

schedule

Thank you.

Hi bbk
    I can confirm that efibre availability is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade although the shaded green zone displays exchange level. This is why there is a message located beside the map stating the following:

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

At present there are a lot of areas where there are no planned cabinets and as a result efibre will not be available to customers in these areas - equally there are some areas where there are plans for cabinets but an activation date is yet to be agreed and in most cases we will be unable to offer a timeframe or launch date of specific cabinets (unless one has already been agreed that is).

If you would like to PM me your landline number or specific address I will check with efibre operations to offer you the best indication eircom can offer however it may not be possible to offer you concrete dates if one is not agreed.

Thanks

Al
    The most significant thing you have said is that the shaded region is based on exchange information when the individual cabinets reflects actual eFibre availability?

If eFibre is reliant on the cabinets and not the exchange, does it not seem a bit dishonest to use the shaded area as an illustration of availability?

Please, I am here for turning. I'd love all this to be justified and substantiated.

For example, your colleagues have no idea when my estate/house will be activated. So, an area which is eFibre ready but which relies on certain installations (which is fair enough) has absolutely no work schedule even penciled in?

You tell me that eFibre is expected in August but you have no information what so ever when I can actually get it?

Hi bbk

I can understand your views in consideration of the shaded green zone being in reference to exchange level and not cabinet level however as I previously touched on - the map is intent for indicative purposes only and there is a message located beside it which I have included in my above post.

Also, as I had also touched on there are a number of areas within the shaded green zone where a cabinet is yet to reach and equally a number of areas within the green zone where there are plans for cabinets but a date has yet to be agreed - all in the consideration that the map is of illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the efibre (green zone) can avail of the service.

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will seek to offer you the best indication of when to expect efibre.

Thanks
    Al

Hello,

schedule

Thank you.

Hi bbk

Thanks

Al

Hi bbk

I can understand your views in consideration of the shaded green zone being in reference to exchange level and not cabinet level however as I previously touched on - the map is intent for indicative purposes only and there is a message located beside it which I have included in my above post.

Also, as I had also touched on there are a number of areas within the shaded green zone where a cabinet is yet to reach and equally a number of areas within the green zone where there are plans for cabinets but a date has yet to be agreed - all in the consideration that the map is of illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the efibre (green zone) can avail of the service.

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will seek to offer you the best indication of when to expect efibre.

Thanks
    Al
    The illustrative nature of the map would not be in dispute if it relates to cabinet level. At the moment, all the map says is that I am in an area which has eFibre in around but I can not get it until at least 2015. That can not be an honorable way to do any kind of business.

Just because you have touched on the point about it being illustrative does not mean you are correct in showing off that a part of the country has eFibre when it can not be accessed for 6 + months.

• Advertisement

Even the line checker facility says that eFibre is in the area, but it does not say that I have to wait however many months before you can get a cabinet out. It does not say anything about Eircom not even having a PLAN for when a cabinet will be installed in the area they are boasting about having eFibre availability.

Even the line checker facility says that eFibre is in the area, but it does not say that I have to wait however many months before you can get a cabinet out. It does not say anything about Eircom not even having a PLAN for when a cabinet will be installed in the area they are boasting about having eFibre availability.

Apologies bbk

I'm unable to offer you any alternative information on this, I can understand that you are disappointed that you can't get efibre and you are equally disappointed in eircoms efibre map - I will pass on your feedback and feelings on eircoms efibre advertising and coverage map however I can confirm that there are no plans to change this map.

Al

What is the criteria for an area turning green on the map?

Advertisement