Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Quality Advisory Notice - 05.08.2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

What a pity - sounds like the heavy rain was the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm normally one to point out the positives that local government achieve, but it amazes me that in this day and age that flipping RAIN IN IRELAND causes a pump station overflow. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Khannie wrote: »
    I'm normally one to point out the positives that local government achieve, but it amazes me that in this day and age that flipping RAIN IN IRELAND causes a pump station overflow. :/

At least they've told us about it. As a regular Kayaker on the rivers we're usually left to (excuse the pun) work it out for ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That is a really sneaky update, that. It says:

"There are currently no advisory or prohibition notices on any of Fingal’s beaches."

Which obviously implies that all is well. However if you look further, Balbriggan and Skerries beaches (I didn't check others) are listed as "poor quality" (i.e. one level above "advisory") here. I hate that kind of attempted pulling the wool over people's eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

There's a warning on that Splash website for Loughshinny Beach - due to "septic tank/domestic waste water treatment system discharge" - presumably sewage, in other words. Lovely.

South Strand Skerries doesn't look great - I know of two people who had severe stomach problems for 24 hours after swimming there last week when swimming was banned - they didn't see the notice and hadn't heard the warning on the news. They don't say anything about the North Strand in Skerries - which is strange because it's very heavily used.

I'd say retaining the Blue Flag is going to be problematic.

Advertisement