Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Not receiving all text messages

• 05-08-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi
    I am hoping somebody can help me.
    I have an IPhone 4s and I am not receiving all my text messages (about 30% to 40% of them don't come through).
    I have brought it into the phone shop and they have said that they would have to send it away to see what the problem would be however it will cost money so I am hoping that somebody may be able to help me before I go down this route.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you having trouble receiving messages from any phone or just other iPhones? If it's the latter it could be an iMessage setting on either phone. Have you tried replacing the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I heard of someone with a similar problem. Turned out they had blocked one particular number and that seemed to cause issues with a whole batch of numbers. When they unblocked the number the problem resolved itself. Its something you could raise with your network if that situation is relevant to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

I had that problem over the past month and got the same advice from meteor. Personally I think it is a carrier problem and the are fongafale me off saying it's the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 missy2011

guil wrote: »
    Are you having trouble receiving messages from any phone or just other iPhones? If it's the latter it could be an iMessage setting on either phone. Have you tried replacing the sim?

It seems to be from any phones. Yes my sim was updated but no difference.

I had that problem over the past month and got the same advice from meteor. Personally I think it is a carrier problem and the are fongafale me off saying it's the phone.

Thanks. I am with Vodafone, I never thought of ringing them to query with them. I know based on phone settings I have no numbers blocked however I must ring them.

• Advertisement

missy2011 wrote: »
    Thanks. I am with Vodafone, I never thought of ringing them to query with them. I know based on phone settings I have no numbers blocked however I must ring them.

Rang Vodafone have been told that all is working perfectly their end. My phone settings and message settings were updated with Vodafone. I'm guessing now its the handset that is the problem so I will have to send it away to see if it can be repaired. Thanks everyone for your help ;)

Advertisement