Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening

Options
  • 05-08-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about teeth whitening? What type of treatments are the safest, one's to avoid i.e. LED/laser/gel etc.? My teeth are stained from smoking and probably drinking coffee but I am attempting to quit now. I was hoping to get a voucher or something for a clinic but they seem to be all the around the same price and I am not sure if certain çhemical (phosphate or something) methods might be used which might do more damage to my teeth as I do not have a lot of enamel left on them. Any information on good clinics or methods would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Hi,

I am looking for the same advice. I have a filling in one of my front teeth that looks perfect in real life, but in pictures looks stained. Will whitening help this? Prices seem to vary hugely, so wondering what's acceptable and what's not.

My teeth are quite sensitive and my gums bleed a lot, so not sure what's suitable.

Also, my wedding is in less than 6 weeks, so hoping I haven't left it too late??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

getting your teeth cleaned at the dentists will remove alot of the stains. I had lots of tea stains and they were gone afterwards and my teeth were alot better. Try that first because its cheap. Around 30-40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boberelli

Hey Agent Graves for your reply! I think I will definitely go with the scale and polish first but I was thinking of doing the whitening within a week after so that it will be long lasting. So I am hoping to find out what is actually involved with the whitening process.... I had heard certain treatments can actually weaken the teeth. Cheers though for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

your welcome. yes i have heard that it can be damaging aswell so i just wouldn't chance it.. enamel doesn't grow back after all.. im sure the dentist will have plenty of info on it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

kkcatlou wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for the same advice. I have a filling in one of my front teeth that looks perfect in real life, but in pictures looks stained. Will whitening help this? Prices seem to vary hugely, so wondering what's acceptable and what's not.

My teeth are quite sensitive and my gums bleed a lot, so not sure what's suitable.

Also, my wedding is in less than 6 weeks, so hoping I haven't left it too late??

Thanks

The filling won't lighten in colour unless you get it replaced. If you do whiten your teeth with the filling it will look off as your teeth will be whiter than it.

Yes whitening can cause increased sensitivity however this usually goes away after awhile.

Lastly your gums bleeding a lot may be gum disease so when was your last check up at your dentist. You should really go for one and ask your dentist to check for gum disease and ye can talk whitening products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 SillyQuestion?

Hi all

I am in the same position as you regarding the stains and very weak enamel so I am wondering if you went ahead with using a whitening product and how was the result? Also wondering how much sensitivity you felt?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement