Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bars in melbourne

Options
  • 05-08-2014 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Any cool bars in the city centre people would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Whiskey & Alement on 270 Russell. Best whiskey selection in Australia, also do good cocktails and have small but tasty selection of craft beers. Their prices are good for quality on offer but still have spent enough to buy a new house there in last 3 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

don't forget about PJs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

I knocked into the turf bar on queen street earlier for a beer, looks to be a great spot for sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

minzabud wrote: »
    I knocked into the turf bar on queen street earlier for a beer, looks to be a great spot for sport.

Brilliant for American Sports.

Weekdays during NFL, NBA and MLB season they will have the games live with sounds. However, the beer in there is terrible!

Really looking forward to the new Munich Brauhaus to open on South Wharf in a couple of weeks. Big "German" beer hall.

First couple of weeks the place would be packed, but considering the way they are promoting the place, I'd hope the beer is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

What do you mean by cool?

Melbourne cool is a lot different from other citys cool, since it is very arty etc...

If you like dive bars/rock bars, try Cherry Bar in the city on ACDC lane.

Brunswick St/Johnston St in Fitzroy will also be packed with bars as does Sydney Rd, Brunswick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I do like E. fifty five on elizabeth st. They have monteiths on tap and some decent bottled beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

The Irish Times

It is a bar
    It serves good Guinness

If you are after Douche Bar's - I am unable to help!

Advertisement