Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average bills in Cork

Options
  • 05-08-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am relocating this weekend from Amsterdam to Cork. I will be working for EMC and I am looking to rent a 2 bed house/ apartment in Cork city centre. I am also looking into renting perhaps in Ballincollig. I don't have a car so I am looking for something on the bus route ( free EMC bus). Any family friendly places you guys can suggest?

And I was also wondering how much I can expect to be paying for the utilities bills in Cork ( Electricity, Gas, boradband and tv)?

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Sharing or solo?

Solo you can expect rents of ~€950-€1k in the city for a 2 bed apartment, Ballincollig you might get for ~€750-€800.

Electricty: ~€60 per month (depends on the person really)
    Gas: anywhere from ~€20 in summer months to ~€80 in winter months. (Again depends on the person)
    Broadband: €30-€60 depending on speed
    TV: Free - €100 depending on package. (Can't really specify as there's a big personal preference here)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Eldarion wrote: »
    Sharing or solo?

Solo you can expect rents of ~€950-€1k in the city for a 2 bed apartment, Ballincollig you might get for ~€750-€800.

Electricty: ~€60 per month (depends on the person really)
    Gas: anywhere from ~€20 in summer months to ~€80 in winter months. (Again depends on the person)
    Broadband: €30-€60 depending on speed
    TV: Free - €100 depending on package. (Can't really specify as there's a big personal preference here)

Don't forget the TV licence fee of €160 per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Add bins... ~ 30 euro per month, depending on service.

Add contents insurance for renters, if you have anything whatsoever of value, including cash in your wallet.

Water bills will be coming in the next year too. Unknown cost!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Daft.ie would be a good place to look to get your head around rental prices.

950-1000 would seem high to me.

Look at UPC.ie, Sky, and Eircom for info on TV/internet/phone costs
    Gas/Electricity will vary on the place you get as some will be electricity only.

Advertisement