Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Renovation

• 05-08-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All

I'm looking at buying my first home, a 1950's built house, ground floor has a small kitchen, Living room, dining room and WC - Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms and WC

The Estate Agent said on the off it would need to be rewired, re-plumbed and new windows

Any Electricians, Plumbers, Window People on here would be able to give a rough estimate as to what this could cost?

I know every house would differ but im trying to get my head around what this would set be back towards buying a newer build... Hopefully someone can shed some light...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hi LadyLu.

Your question really is a bit vague...but...I would take a stab at E20K to maybe E25K all in.

Bear in mind that with re-wiring, re-plumbing and replacing windows there will be an element of making good/plastering/painting.

Advertisement