Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velocity 2X

Options
  • 05-08-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

Velocity 2X, the sequel to Velocity Ultra from Futurlab, will be released on September 3rd in Europe. It supports Cross-Save and Cross-Buy between PlayStation 4 and Vita.

I absolutely loved the previous entry on Vita. Looking forward to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The first one didn't really hold my interest for long. But this one looks to have a bit more variety. If there is a demo I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Metacritic - 88

The Sixth Axis - 10/10

Vita Lounge - 5/5

Push Square - 10/10

Verge - The year’s best sci-fi game might be a 2D space shooter/10

IGN - 9/10

PSLS - 8.5/10

Videogamer - 8/10

Eurogamer - 8/10

Digital Spy - 4/5

Edge - 8/10

My review - 5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

And free with PS plus I believe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cannot wait for this, it's free on psn+ this month on Vita and it'll be the first thing I get on this months games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

krudler wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this, it's free on psn+ this month on Vita and it'll be the first thing I get on this months games

Vita and PS4. Can't wait, it looked good in the trailers and the reviews seem to be backing that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Currently listening to IGN: Podcast Beyond and they can't believe that this game is free this month on PS+

Didn't play the first one so will I be missing out on any key story arcs or can newcomers just jump right in and play?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Plot: you are piloting a teleporting spaceship.

Pretty much all you need to know :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Didn't play the first one so will I be missing out on any key story arcs or can newcomers just jump right in and play?

You can jump right in. The opening few levels re-introduce most of the main game-play mechanics quickly and there is a Prologue folder in the Flight Computer section that details the previous game. I'd suggest you pick up Velocity Ultra though as it is really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have both now, which should I play first?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I have both now, which should I play first?

You mean you have the PS4 and Vita versions?

If so, the PS4 version obviously looks better but the touchscreen teleporting really gives the Vita version the advantage.

sheehy83 wrote: »

Weird it's not showing under my ps+ options on my vita, only joe danger, tkx and ps all stars are.

edit: never mind, added it to my basket on the psn site and its on my download list now.

This is the best month in ages for vita

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What an absolutely addictive game. Already halfway through it and loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Otacon wrote: »
    You mean you have the PS4 and Vita versions?

If so, the PS4 version obviously looks better but the touchscreen teleporting really gives the Vita version the advantage.

no, I mean I have the two games from psplus. this and the prequel. I'm itching to try this but never got round to the first game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wow, level 33 in this might be the most fantastic boss battle I've played in a long time. Smart and exciting culmination of all the gameplay mechanics up until that point. Still another fifteen levels left to go so hopefully there'll be some more surprises like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wow, level 33 in this might be the most fantastic boss battle I've played in a long time. Smart and exciting culmination of all the gameplay mechanics up until that point. Still another fifteen levels left to go so hopefully there'll be some more surprises like that :)

Yeah, I thought that boss battle was fun. I normally hate boss battles of any kind but I enjoyed them in this game.

It does a fantastic job of teaching you the mechanics then working them all in to the later stages in a seamless way, when you start nailing a run through a level getting every crystal and rescue pod is a great feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played Level 33 myself over the weekend.

Going through the game slowly and trying to perfect every level. It's just so good.

Also it looks gorgeous on the Vita.. I came straight from Velocity Ultra and you have to say they made some really nice graphical improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,750 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cracking game. I'd love to have more time to play it more

Advertisement