Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Back Tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

I missed it! Watched for a good 10 minutes but it must've been too low for me. Lovely sky though.
    There's a link on this thread somewhere EoghanIRL that shows a few months ahead, I'd like to know myself as I was hoping there'd be something to see with the ATV undocking and making it's way back. That'll be sometime in the next month or so, I think. If I find out I'll post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Yeah that pass was low !

Any idea when it will be back?
    Tuesday 06 jan at 07:53 apparently. Short pass though so any cloud will interfere

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

passing tuesday 30th @ 5.05 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

5,200 Days in Space

theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/12/5200-days-in-space/383510/?single_page=true

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

Happy happy happy happy happy etc New years. 16 to be exact for the crew on the ISS.

nbcnews.com/science/space/space-station-crew-gets-celebrate-new-years-eve-16-times-n277701

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Happy happy happy happy happy etc New years. 16 to be exact for the crew on the ISS.

Feck that, I find it hard enough to celebrate it once lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

For those up early Sunday morning theres a nice bright pass from the ISS at 0650, starting in the South west, ending in the east.

A long bright pass tomorrow morning starting at 0728 lasting until 0734. Starting in the WSW, ending in the E.

Another nice bright pass tomorrow morning , starting at 0722 ,ending at 0727. approaching from a westerly direction.

Another nice bright pass tomorrow morning , starting at 0722 ,ending at 0727. approaching from a westerly direction.
    Once the rain and sleet isnt too horizontal! The alarm is set!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Sorry bit OT just thought I'd drop this here... :D
    http://imgur.com/gallery/3xwPA3w

Priceless how he looks up first !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Sorry bit OT just thought I'd drop this here... :D
    http://imgur.com/gallery/3xwPA3w

Priceless how he looks up first !

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wofias8

Think I just saw the ISS pass over a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I meant to post this sooner. Europes final ATV left the space station today:

https://vine.co/v/OPTIKrLqITn

"ATV-5 was set to enter the atmosphere at the end of February in a new, shallow dive that would have allowed NASA and ESA teams to observe the spacecraft closely and learn from its reentry. However, one of the four power chains failed last week, leading it to switch automatically over to its ‘failsafe’ system."

More info here.

The progress of the space station, ATV-5 and other various ESA missions can be followed here.

I heard Sam Cristoferetti say there would be a few cameras on board to record the reentry from inside the atv. Very cool if it came to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

shedweller wrote: »
    I heard Sam Cristoferetti say there would be a few cameras on board to record the reentry from inside the atv. Very cool if it came to pass.

I think they had the onboard cameras on the last one too. It's just a pity that they aren't able to perform the shallow re-entry with this one. It would have been good to see a slowmo version of the capsule disintegrating as it descended.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

My 8yr old boy saw it passing over us this evening, he got really afraid and said he could see a moving star. Luckily I had enough time to get the iss page of the astronomy website up on my phone and before it went out of sight we realised what it was. 7.39pm the website said and this was 7.40pm, county mayo. Now he's gone to bed dreaming of becoming an astronaut...

ISS is back on early morning passes over Ireland, the brightest of the next few coming up on Monday at 0606-0612,starting in the SW and ending in the East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

ireland at night posted from the iss about an hour ago

CAVsKTfUgAAOmN1.jpg:large

And for those up early tomorrow morning there is a nice bright pass from the ISS starting at 0546 lasting until 0552, starting in the WSW, ending in the East.

• Advertisement

And for those up early tomorrow morning there is a nice bright pass from the ISS starting at 0546 lasting until 0552, starting in the WSW, ending in the East.
    With the eclipse as well i might just get a little giddy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Tonight's pass is 9:54 PM, Visible: 4 min, Max Height: 46 degrees, Appears: WSW, Disappears: SE.
    I caught last night's by accident, a lovely long bright one. We've a gorgeous day here so fingers crossed for another clear sky tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm awaiting its pass now, perfect clear skies and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Excellent bright view of the first half of it (Dublin)
    It got dimmer as the sunlit side turned away from me and faded out entirely about 3/5ths through.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Looked great from the SW, lost it through trees and thicker skies towards East. Hadn't seen it for a while..thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Clear skies and a great view in Westport and as a bonus, my eight year old son spotted a shooting star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I always miss these by minutes :)

There is also a very bright Iridium flare at time 2302:28 tonight, look north east in the sky. very short but worth a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Lovely clear skies for me last night.

Also, my solar-system-obsessed 4-year-old daughter (who really should have been in bed) got her first view of the ISS so that was nice.

Advertisement