Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Back Tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭space2ground1

If there's clear skies at the 4:10am pass, might we see the Soyuz that just launched chasing the station or will it have docked by then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ISS !?? Guys,where is the sky,the stars and ... the MOON !!! ???
    Haven't seen any for the past week and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

rolion wrote: »
    ISS !?? Guys,where is the sky,the stars and ... the MOON !!! ???
    Haven't seen any for the past week and so.
    It's desperate. My telescope is gathering dust in the shed and even my kids said "i used to use it"
    "Used"
    Ah here lads!! Its a cloudy summer. I have a hard time seeing the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Did you see the guy on Facebook Astronomy Ireland's pic of the Milky Way ? How and where the hell did he manage to get a glimpse ? :eek:

I'm in the bloody "sunny" South East and bar a quick hazy 2 minutes North view yesterday, I haven't seen the stars in a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Good long bright high pass coming up at 4am for the night owls.

• Advertisement

Good long bright high pass coming up at 4am for the night owls.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was busy at work though. Hmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

First pass tonight starting in the WSW at 0259, lasting until 0304.
    second pass 0434-0440, this is a bright pass with a magnitude of -3.4

Yer man Scott Kelly is taking some nice pics from the ISS, like this and this

RED 4K Camera Captures Riveting Footage of Unique Fluid Behavior in Space Laboratory

Haha! I was waiting for it to go BOOM! (of, course it wouldn't but still...)

• Advertisement

Passes tonight @ 0249-0254 and 0424-0430

Passes tonight at 0331-0337(very bright pass) and 0508-0511(not as bright, further away)

ISS Instagram has good Pics aswell

https://instagram.com/p/5xBy_TNPgR/

Bahamas^^

NASA has one aswell, I don't know what they're getting up to though:confused:

https://instagram.com/p/5vOiMjIaGa/
    We dropped a Cessna 172 from 100 feet today. With a thunderous rattle, the aircraft plowed into the soil as its windshield shattered, its wings wrenched off and its fuselage flipped -- tail over nose -- onto its back. Researchers were pleased. The controlled experiment that will help us improve aviation emergency response times. We’re developing next-gen search and rescue technology as part of an international effort involving members from 43 countries and organizations.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

People forget that NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and focus on the sexy Space bit.

They have done a great deal of research into atmospheric flight e.g. supercritical wings which all Airbus airliners use, winglets which all airliners are adopting, unstable flight and active controls, boundary layer control, that sort of thing.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

People forget that NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and focus on the sexy Space bit.

They have done a great deal of research into atmospheric flight e.g. supercritical wings which all Airbus airliners use, winglets which all airliners are adopting, unstable flight and active controls, boundary layer control, that sort of thing.
    I'm always envious when i see them doing crash tests. Imagine being paid to do that. To crash yokes into the ground. So envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

shedweller wrote: »
    I'm always envious when i see them doing crash tests. Imagine being paid to do that. To crash yokes into the ground. So envy.

Like this, the in-flight movie on Airplane! :pac:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

A very bright pass tonight @ 2306-2312. whether or not there is clear skies is another question!

A very bright pass tonight @ 2306-2312. whether or not there is clear skies is another question!
    There will be clear patches. They'll be going the same speed as the ISS. Now if they were going the same direction we'd be laughing!

tonight, 2213-2219 and again at 2349-2354

nice pass tonight at 2203-2210 ...less bright pass at 2340-2344

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

must take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

lovely bright pass straight overhead here in West cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

nice pass tonight at 2203-2210 ...less bright pass at 2340-2344

Clicked into this thread at 22.04 and literally dived for the back door so saw most of the pass.

Best and longest one I've seen yet, was able to see it all the way until it disappeared.

Thanks, Oscar !

nice clear sky, looked good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

nice clear sky, looked good

It was really impressive. I had the added bonus of some nice lightning flickering in the distance here in CH :o

headed out again for 5 minutes, saw 3 satellites and 3 or four shooting stars, super clear sky tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

headed out again for 5 minutes, saw 3 satellites and 3 or four shooting stars, super clear sky tonight

The sky is incredible here this evening. Same as you. Loads of satellites, shooting stars and that distant lightning is getting very close. No moon so nice and dark.

The silhouette of the mountains against the lightning is one of the most incredible sights I have ever witnessed.

Also, I am on my 5th can. This may be helping matters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Detest

Clear skys last night and had a good view of it, along with a satellite.

• Advertisement

Bright pass from the ISS coming up now 2153-2200

Advertisement