Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Back Tonight

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That cargo ship has a vacuum cleaner
    it's cleaning the vacuum of space :pac:
    www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38265676
    Japan has launched a cargo ship which will use a half mile- (700m)-long tether to remove some of the vast amount of debris from Earth's orbit.

The tether, made of aluminium strands and steel wire, is designed to slow the debris, pulling it out of orbit.

The innovative device was made with the help of a fishing net company.

There is estimated to be more than 100 million pieces of space junk in orbit, including discarded equipment from old satellites, tools and bits of rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just about to pass over

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

Sometimes I kinda zone out of watching the sky for a while when other things take over.. so..

Tonight I saw what I presumed was Venus glowing in the sky. I stuck night sky on my phone to be sure and yep, I was right. But I saw that mars was (not sure of correct terminology) north east of Venus so cuddled up with my 7 year old daughter and headed out. She was thrilled to see Venus and Mars and then zooming across the sky came the ISS. Having all these things in view at the one time was fantastic. We awed at the planets and waved at the ISS. What a stoke of luck..

Chuffed :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

Haven't caught this in a while, around 1.42 tonight for 5 mins.

Advertisement