Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Back Tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

No visible pass overs til around 930 tomorrow. Seen my first meteor tonight. As well as the space station a few nights and the things just in front if it. What is that btw? Check out the app iss spotter. Very accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Beautiful night so I stood looking up at the sky and noticed a bright object together with a smaller object in toe tracking about NNW to SSE direction. Was I looking at the ISS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

The following ISS sightings are possible from Wednesday Aug 6, 2014 through Thursday Aug 21, 2014

21.32 Tomorrow Night, ISS and ATV for 5 Mins and again at 23.08 for 4 mins and 00.45 for less than a min.

That's Dublin^^

Change settings for wherever you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

is it passing by again tonight?

Visible again tomorrow night.

Enter your location here to get the most accurate times. Although it is generally visable throughout Ireland at the same time.

Live tracker

And another with webcam view from the ISS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Very faint on it's way around again there an hour ago.

The ATV was much closer to it. Barely visible in the image below, but zoom in close enough and you can see it.

n4HKY49.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted I got to see both of them tonight,pure class.I used to get updates from the NASA site by e-mail every time the ISS was coming our way but dont get them any more for some reason.I would have missed this tonight only for boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Is the ISS the brighter of the two? Saw it last night at 10.20ish and there was a small one being followed by a much brighter one

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Is the ISS the brighter of the two? Saw it last night at 10.20ish and there was a small one being followed by a much brighter one

Yes the ISS is the brighter one.

I love the perspective it gives me - no mistaking we're on a globe, our blue dot.
    I'm delighted to see you all catching meteorites as well, I'll keep watching so!
    Some lovely pictures here too, thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

tippspur wrote: »
    Delighted I got to see both of them tonight,pure class.I used to get updates from the NASA site by e-mail every time the ISS was coming our way but dont get them any more for some reason.I would have missed this tonight only for boards.

The alerts expire after a year, I only got my reminder a few weeks ago. Although this thread is hard to beat for alerts, pics and links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just seen it almost overhead. Too bright at he moment to see ATV-5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Seen ATV-5 very well(perks of living in the countryside with a great view) didnt get a gimpse of ISS due to clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Will it pass overhead again tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Will it pass overhead again tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

2308hrs for myself

Use this site and set your location

http://heavens-above.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

2308 hours using that site aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    2308 hours using that site aswell.

Eoghan, where are you? Im in dublin.

Envisat satellite due over at 2229hrs rising in SSE and goes high overhead then NNW

Nothing seen of Envisat. The brightness of the Moon is incredible tonight.
    A few flashes of meteorites. Stunning night.

T minus 15 minutes and off outside with all of us, hehe.

• Advertisement

I'm an iss noob. Where do I look :P

Is it west rising and then south east ?

Found it never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another nice bright pass there(Castlebar)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great view of it tonight,good clear night in South Tipp.

Conna outside Fermoy here . Amazing pass . Some clouds when it went to the the south east but still amazing .

The ATV5 seemed a greater distance away from the ISS. I wonder when it will dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

ISS had disappeared from view before I saw ATV.

Stayed out a few minutes longer and spotted a meteor. Going to pop out again for a while and will hopefully see more. It might be too cloudy to see anything tomorrow.

Eoghan, where are you? Im in dublin.

Cork . I went out at 2307 and I saw it from the west at 2308/9. Accurate site.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OldRio wrote: »
    The ATV5 seemed a greater distance away from the ISS. I wonder when it will dock?

It's due to dock tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

What was the 3rd object? Very clear skies, great view. I was only expecting to see the ISS, didn't realise there was an ATV5? Then I saw a 3rd object traveling roughly perpendicular to the ISS/ATV5 trajectory at 90 degrees, not as bright, similar speed.

Advertisement