Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gort na Bro

Options
  • 05-08-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Looking at a rental here. Anyone have any insight on the place? Quiet / noisy, family friendly, handy for buses, etc. The usual stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fwiw, no particular mentions on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Walk past there every day. There seem to be quite a few children. I always see kids' bikes, toys etc.
    It's right beside Miller's Lane pitches, depends on your circumstances whether that's a good thing or not.
    Very close to Dunnes, B&Q and the terminus of Bus 405.
    Building work on the new Gaelscoil across from the pitches will start soon.

That's all I can think of for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mahell wrote: »
    Looking at a rental here. Anyone have any insight on the place? Quiet / noisy, family friendly, handy for buses, etc. The usual stuff.

Lived there for 2/3 years about 6 years ago, was very quite then. nice place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

I walk behind Gort na Bró on Millars Lane and behind the pitches and there's always evidence of bush drinking so there may be noise some nights with the houses nearest the lane but otherwise I believe it's a quiet if a tad unkempt place.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mahell

It's right beside Miller's Lane pitches, depends on your circumstances whether that's a good thing or not.

Circumstances like: I like / dislike sport or I like / dislike the roar of young fellas bushing all evening? I didn't even realise there were pitches there tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mahell wrote: »
    Circumstances like: I like / dislike sport or I like / dislike the roar of young fellas bushing all evening? I didn't even realise there were pitches there tbh.

A bit like that :P
    I was more thinking along the lines of either you are pleased to have the amenity on your door step or annoyed at the noise/traffic that matches and training sessions cause.

Can't comment on the amount of after dark activities, but a friend's house is backing onto the opposite side of the pitches and she doesn't seem to have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Hi Ive lived in Gort na Bro for nearly 10 years now and its been grand and no probs to report whatsoever. There is a residents association in place. Its great as bus to town every 20 mins, Dunnes across the road, close to walk/cycle to town or Salthill. There are lots of kids in here but have never witnessed any bad behaviour and they are always very friendly, they are always all out playing together. HTH

Advertisement