Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

### OUTDOOR LIGHTS PROBLEM ## HELP

Options
  • 05-08-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi I bought 4 lights from woodies last week and wire them all with a 3core flex and junction boxes and a plug on the end I plugged them into the old living house in the sitting room and it tripped the switch. With this I changed the fuse from a13a to a 3a and a 5a. To see would it make a difference then I took the earth wire out the plug and plugged them in but when turned on and off a few times it tripped 3 out of 5 times And it still went down but not as bad. Worried I plugged them into the kitchen and they work perfect and on a timer and no tripping but want them to work in the back room but what is the problem. ( as I can't include pictures ) on the lights this is written E27 max 60 watt 220- 240 volts 50/60hz and on the hanger that keeps tripping is written 40a 240v~ 50/60 hz that is what is written beside the switch that keeps tripping so can anyone help me I have light thank god !!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

jjjjjjjk, clearly you are attempting to do something that you do not understand properly.
    As you are working with a potentially lethal voltage my advice in the interest of safety is to seek the assistance of a qualified electrician.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement