Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g in Carlow?

Options
  • 05-08-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Thinking of getting a 4g phone (need to upgrade anyway). What's 4g coverage like in Carlow town and county?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

in town I think its really good, near St. Dymphnas I can get 50-55mb

other places like Graigue I can get around the 15mb mark. way faster than 3G

I've got it from the Dolmen hotel as far Tullow road but have never received it in the county that I've noticed.

mines with meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Just a tip for checking 4g coverage in rural ares, go to comreg site and there is coverage map there, choose a mast near where you will be/are and see if it is enabled for lte for your network .. Think I have posted more on it in the forum here somewhere before..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got 80/90mb around the Garda station-Seven Oaks. I think the main tower is at the Garda station so that may be the reason for high download speeds in that area.

If you gague the town from the Credit Union to Dolmen Hotel I usually get around 12-20 mb in between those.

I'm on the Three Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

On vodafone in the askea area and im getting exactly 50mb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

On Vodafone I tend to get full 4G around the town and close by..

In any case it'll switch to 3G when you can't get a good 4G signal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

I was in Waterford last week. I was waiting in the car at the regional hospital.
    4g signal was around 30mb, great I thought. I decided to watch skygo while I was waiting, but once it had connected I lost the 4g, and it reverted to 3g.
    Soon as I stopped downloading, it went back to 4g.

Is this normal..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Blacknight wrote: »
    On Vodafone I tend to get full 4G around the town and close by..

In any case it'll switch to 3G when you can't get a good 4G signal

Blacknight is based about a minute or two's walk away from me so what's your 4G like in Graiguecullen?

What speed do you get?

4g is pretty much perfect at the office and we've got speeds of about 75 meg down I think ..

4g is pretty much perfect at the office and we've got speeds of about 75 meg down I think ..

Wow!

Looks like I'll be asking for an upgrade so!

Cheers Blacknight!

Just tested it now ..

ping 48ms
    down 52.73 (I have seen higher)
    up 22.6

• Advertisement

Just tested it now ..

ping 48ms
    down 52.73 (I have seen higher)