Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which in-ear headphones are the best quality?

• 05-08-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a budget of around 80 euro to spend and I'm looking for decent quality headphones. I was using JVC Xtreme Xplosives to tide me over for awhile, they were fine but I'd like something a bit more substantial. I've picked out a few from Argos, just wondering which is best in terms of sound, durability, value for money etc? Any other suggestions would be great too.

Sol Republic Relays (78.99),
    Sennheiser CX300-II (58.99),
    Klipsch S3 (52.39),
    Sol Republic Jax (45.99).

I'd be inclined to go with Sennheiser because they're the usual brand I buy but I'm interested to see what people think of the other two brands.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Shure 215's are lovely I think...and can be got for about 80 Euro.

Also I picked up a nice little pair of the xiaomi pistons this week and love them. Only 18 euro too lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

I've gone trough a few sets of Sennheiser in ear headphones (not due to falling apart just loosing them) and I can't recommend them enough. The sound quality is absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

That's a bit pricey for the Sennheiser, they are about £30 GBP (€40-ish) on Amazon.
    They're very good anyway, no idea about the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Klipsch S4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.
    Also I picked up a nice little pair of the xiaomi pistons this week and love them. Only 18 euro too lol.

Are Xiaomi Pistons as good as everyone says they are? I saw them on Penon Audio for $29.00 but surely that's too cheap for decent headphones?

• Advertisement

alleystar wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Are Xiaomi Pistons as good as everyone says they are? I saw them on Penon Audio for $29.00 but surely that's too cheap for decent headphones?

I really like them .. I had the Sennheiser CX300-II and think they are excellent too but honestly i think the Pistons are better and stupid cheap :)

Oh people also rave about the ZERO AUDIO Ear stereo headphones carbo Tenore ZH-DX200-CT
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0093VVP0Q/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

+1 for Pistons 2.0 if you are on the budget.

I've got myself Dunu dn-1000 recently and I'm uber-happy with them. Never ever music sounded so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

docentore wrote: »
    +1 for Pistons 2.0 if you are on the budget.

I've got myself Dunu dn-1000 recently and I'm uber-happy with them. Never ever music sounded so good.

For $200 they'd want to be fairly decent alright.

marko93 wrote: »
    For $200 they'd want to be fairly decent alright.

True, very true. But compared to ie Sony hybrids they are cheaper. I would get Tpeos Altone200 if I was to buy pair now as they suppose have similar quality and driver setup but are 1/3 cheaper. But for the moment I'm set for the IEMs and on-ears (got Onkyo ES-HF300 at the same time - cracking cans).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

How much were the Onkyos?

marko93 wrote: »
    How much were the Onkyos?

Got them s/h on head-fi for $110. They're about £100 (black) and £75 (white) on amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Can the xiaomi pistons be purchased from the Uk or Ireland ?

Ilyushin76 wrote: »

As far as I know - no. But delivery from penonaudio supposed to be quick.

check ebay or amazon. you'll pay a premium for uk sellers of course - you might get a pair for 30 euro delivered instead of 18 euro from china/hk/sinapore. check seller ratings to weed out fakes as there are supposed to be some around. the latest version is supposed to be the best one afaik. I have version 2.0.
    The only issue is that the supplied earbuds are pretty rubbish (unless they've changed them after version 2.0) and you'll need to replace them to get the best sound out of these iem's

here's an amazon version with good ratings.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headset-Earphone-Microphone-Collector-Smartphones/dp/B00J3H7T28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=xiaomi+piston+2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

For something a little different, try Final Audio Design Heaven II... Should come in on budget and look and sound great. The Heaven IV is worth the upgrade if you find them at the right price(not in budget tho'!).....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Xiaomi themselves sell them on amazon.com where their listing says that anything being sold below $22 are fakes. I checked ebay.co.uk and there is a good few Chinese sellers there selling them from £4 upwards so defo fake.

There are sellers in Germany and they appear real, if theyre not at least Amazon will refund
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00JFHMFNE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Im keen to get a pair soon. But I've got an iPhone, Im not bothered about the volume buttons but does the third button work for iPhone users? And Im presuming it is Stop/Play and not fast forward?

Anyone on here order from penonaudio ? and how long was delivery?.My order shipped on the 19 August and no sign of it yet .

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

:mad:
    Anyone on here order from penonaudio ? and how long was delivery?.My order shipped on the 19 August and no sign of it yet .
    Just checked and my last order with them arrived in 11 days.
    Mail them for a tracking number?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,I got a tracking no. and it shows this "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Sep-2014" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks for the reply,I got a tracking no. and it shows this "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Sep-2014" ?

Try the tracking number on both of these
    http://www.17track.net/en/ http://track.anpost.ie/TrackOne.aspx

Had being checking an post before and tried it again and got ITEM RECEIVED DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 01-Oct-14 02:28 :D hopefully they are worth the wait.Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Soundmagic e10's are awesome for the price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

+1 thats what I have mesmelf, Qualiteee!
    Richersounds had them on 50% sale so I got 2 pairs posted for a tenner less
    than Amazon's charging for 1 set lol....get in!:cool:

btw love da sig............It's time to start Runnnnnninnnnggggggg :D

Advertisement