Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dongle For Valentia Island?

Options
  • 05-08-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi
    Heading to Valentia for 3 weeks and can't be without my fast connection! Can anyone recommend best dongle to get? I've heard 3 is good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭bog master

Hi

I used Three up to a few months ago. Speed will average from 2-3 mb depending on time of day. Evenings from 7 to 11 can well dip below 1mb and into dial up territory. It also depends on exactly where you are on the Island. Knightstown area as above, but the back of the Island reception likely to be poorer!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

That doesn't sound great.
    What about O2 or Voda?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Vodafone 4g on the dingle peninsula ... Not sure on Valentia

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Vodafone's map say they have 4G coverage on Valentia Island

I would imagine they have 4G cells at the RTE mast on Kilkeveragh, which is between Cahirciveen and Portmagee

Advertisement