Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are imessages backed up on icloud

• 05-08-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Just looking at my icloud account and im wondering are my imessages backed up anywhere? theres nothing in my mailbox on I cloud!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, and here's what else is backed up to iCloud:

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Photos and videos in your Camera Roll

Device settings

App data

Home screen and app organization

iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

Ringtones

Visual Voicemail

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Messages are backed up, but they aren’t synced which is why you can’t see them on iCloud.com. The “mailbox” you mentioned is your iCloud email account.

Backups are all or nothing. You can’t pull one thing out of them. You have to restore the whole backup onto your device.

Advertisement