Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG Guide Update issue

• 05-08-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi there I have purchased the following TV in the last few months

42LA620V-ZA

Software 04.24.33
    SDK Version 03.05

this TV has a dual turner and on the Antenna the TV is always fully updated and I can set programs to record and set reminders

but on the Satellite feed the GUIDE never updates thus I cant setup programs to record from the guide, which is very annoying, I have updated the software multiple times and still no luck, Can you please advise on how to fix this issue

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Cogg

tech wrote: »
    ... on the Satellite feed the GUIDE never updates thus I cant setup programs to record from the guide

You mean the satellite guide never shows anything beyond now-&-next programme info?

That's all you'll get with a TV that isn't Freesat branded. Currently, only Samsung & Panasonic are making Freesat TVs so, for your TV, you'd need a separate receiver to get a proper EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

I dont even get now and NEXT unless I move to the channel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Cogg

That's as good as it will get for a generic receiver with the satellite transmissions from 28 degrees east.

That's why the satellite tuner in these TVs isn't really publicised here or in the UK, although they're no worse EPG-wise than the combo boxes widely pushed for Saorview & satellite in this country.

Advertisement