Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did I just watch???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Can't you just give us a synopsis of a report on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well, this is more like it here:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ardinn wrote: »
    If you have a spare hour - and are stoned - this will rock your world.

If your not stoned it will just melt your head!!
    It's nonsensical fantasy, stoned or not.

It's the same crap that you see in ancient aliens, it basically cherry picks a load of different cultures, mythologies and archaeology into one unifying story that ignores the details and facts and focuses on whatever supports their fantasy.

This video goes into detail on many of the problems with the theory.
    It's 3 hours of real scientific retort and it's one of the reasons I love the internet.

I can add to it too. I once saw an episode of ancient aliens where they go on about a wall that was perfectly built out of stone that appeared to have no gaps and they said it was impossible for those people to build. The very next show on the same channel was a documentary hosted by Peter Weller using almost identical footage, the only difference was the camera panned to the left where it showed the wall half built and it was clear how they built the wall. That's the kind of misrepresentation that goes on in this circle.

There are hundreds of failed attempts at building pyramids all over northern Africa. The design evolved over hundreds of years getting more advanced and there's plenty of evidence for how they were built.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's nonsensical fantasy, stoned or not...
    The design evolved over hundreds of years getting more advanced and there's plenty of evidence for how they were built.

It was slaves, wasn't it? Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of slaves?

catallus wrote: »
    It was slaves, wasn't it? Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of slaves?
    Nope, conscripts. More like conscripted soldiers than slaves. It was an honor to build your gods resting place. They got feed like royalty while they worked on the project too.

• Advertisement

Nope, conscripts. More like conscripted soldiers than slaves. It was an honor to build your gods resting place. They got feed like royalty while they worked on the project too.

Conscripted, eh? So, slaves, then. Sounds like the modern wage-slave tbh.

They'd want to be feeding them if they were lugging around great big mighty stones all day long!

Conscripted, eh? So, slaves, then. Sounds like the modern wage-slave tbh.
    Well you're comparing to different societies, the modern way of doing things would have seemed very callous and alien to them. Societies back then were smaller and tighter knit, you were obliged and typically proud to work for your community and jobs as we know them today just didn't exist back then. You were never working for your own personal gain but to better your community as a whole.
    They'd want to be feeding them if they were lugging around great big mighty stones all day long!
    You would, these were mostly simple farmers with a very simple diet, working on major projects like this meant you got to eat meat, drink beer and have a very cosmopolitan diet that just wouldn't have been available to them.

You would, these were mostly simple farmers with a very simple diet, working on major projects like this meant you got to eat meat, drink beer and have a very cosmopolitan diet that just wouldn't have been available to them.

Next you'll be telling me that they were smoking the cannabis :pac:

Shur, how else could they have lifted the blocks without the help of the all-powerful weed.

Stop trying to re-write history!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I managed to watch 12 minutes of that. It was the most retarded ****e I've ever heard.

Next you'll be telling me that they were smoking the cannabis :pac:
    Of course they did, the aliens wouldn't talk to people that hadn't opened their minds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement