Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to meet young musicians?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi I'm 17 and I've played guitar for years... Problem is were I love seems to be a 'musical blackspot' I mean no one plays around here!
    I would like to start playing with more musicians as since I'm close to Galway I was wondering would anyone know where I could meet some musicians?
    I mean are there camps on or open nights, or just a group of teens playing instruments?

My ultimate goal would be to just have a session, just messing around with instruments and maybe start a band or join one in awhile..

Any help? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a community forum in the Music section that might be able to help.
    Also I suppose it depends on what music you're referring to; metal/ trad/ rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

biko wrote: »
    There is a community forum in the Music section that might be able to help.
    Also I suppose it depends on what music you're referring to; metal/ trad/ rock?

Thanks I hadnt seen that, I'm more into Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, srv , mayer than anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Maybe try checking these people out if you live near the city or can transport to and from.
    https://www.facebook.com/GalwayCityYouthCafe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Roisin Dubh on Sunday nights? Other open mic nights?

Advertisement