Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of accounts

Options
  • 06-08-2014 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

Does anyone know how long a Bank of Ireland account will stay open for without any activity? I've moved to Australia and haven't used my account in over 2 years. I need it now to receive payments from Google for the app that I built, as I am registered in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Booitssarah,

Welcome to boards and thank you for your post.

When there is no customer generated transactions on an account for three years the account then becomes inactive and blocked to debits. After fifteen years the account would become dormant and closed.

To have your account updated, it will be necessary to contact your account holding branch where you will be required to provide your original or certified copies of photo ID and address verification. As you are currently in Australia, it is possible to send a written request to your account holding branch. Branch details can be located here.

Once the branch has updated this account you will have full access to this account online once registered for BOI365 Online.

We hope this clarifies this for you, if we can assist you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement