Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free/cheap parking IFSC?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Looks like I'll be staying in the Spencer hotel end of August, it'll be a Saturday +Sunday or Sunday +Monday. Hotel charges €15 a day for parking which seems a bit pricey. Is there anywere near the hotel that's cheaper or even free? And safe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

are you going to use it for the weekend or just park it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I'll be leaving it overnight for the 2 nights. Seems all the surrounding car parks are pricey.

15 a day aint bad, especially if you are using the car over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I thought hotels didn't charge for parking if you were staying there. Have you checked with them? Local hotels near me (west Dublin) have parking meters in their car park but if you are staying there or attending events you can get 'absolution' if you go to the reception desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭cgcsb

If you are leaving your car there for 2 nights, why bring your car? would it not be simpler to travel via public transport?

cgcsb wrote: »
    If you are leaving your car there for 2 nights, why bring your car? would it not be simpler to travel via public transport?

leaving it overnight does not equal not using it, judgy mc judgerson.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Not too far from the hotel, Upper Oriel Street and surrounding streets have free on street parking. The multi story car park in Common Street also has a €5 overnight rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

cgcsb wrote: »

You could go there by LUAS - it goes to the IFSC and leave your car the one of the park n rides. I know there is one at the Red Cow Roundabout - ithink there is one near Sandyford also.

Thanks for help so far....Might be a slight change. Theres a chance we may be staying in the Gibson Hotel on the Sunday and Monday. Is there cheaper or even free parking near it?They charge €14 a night.

On a side note,which is nicer-The Gibson or The Spencer? Gibson gets higher ratings on Tripadvisor but its not always right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭cgcsb

ekimiam wrote: »
    leaving it overnight does not equal not using it, judgy mc judgerson.

It was simply a question, I took it as he'd be leaving the car there, i.e. not taking it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

toby2111 wrote: »
    Thanks for help so far....Might be a slight change. Theres a chance we may be staying in the Gibson Hotel on the Sunday and Monday. Is there cheaper or even free parking near it?They charge €14 a night.

On a side note,which is nicer-The Gibson or The Spencer? Gibson gets higher ratings on Tripadvisor but its not always right!!

Gibson by a mile. The Spencer is the clarion just rebranded

Booked the Gibson! Will I just go with their €14 a night car park charge or is there better alternatives nearby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Booked the Gibson! Will I just go with their €14 a night car park charge or is there better alternatives nearby?

To be honest there are a lot of not so nice areas nearby so I'd be inclined to pay the hotel charge and feel safer about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Check out park rite ifsc. They do rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

From the link posted earlier : http://www.parkrite.ie/parking_offers.html

IFSC/JURYS
    €6 evening. Weekend Day Rate €7 valid Sat / Sun Only (not sure I'd bother walking (potentially through pouring rain with luggage) for the sake of about 15 euro though)

can definitely recommend the Gibson, lovely rooms.

Advertisement