Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ground water for plants and veg

• 06-08-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

I have currently a sump hole in the garden to collect water from French drains. It has gathered a lot of water recently with the bad weather and the in the winter would do the same. The water that is collected is slightly muddy in colour. And I have been putting it down the drain. My new thinking is to use this on the plants and veg and put it in my water butt?
    My thinking is that the muddy water is full goodies from the run off? or is a big no no?

Comments

iainBB wrote: »
    I have currently a sump hole in the garden to collect water from French drains. It has gathered a lot of water recently with the bad weather and the in the winter would do the same. The water that is collected is slightly muddy in colour. And I have been putting it down the drain. My new thinking is to use this on the plants and veg and put it in my water butt?
    My thinking is that the muddy water is full goodies from the run off? or is a big no no?

i'd put it on the plants/ flowers etc, but not the veggies that I would eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

If it's just muddy water it should be safe for use on veggies...provided you haven't toxic waste buried somewhere along the course.

Advertisement