Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I raise a grievance?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'll try to keep this somewhat vague.

I work alone, but have managers.

After my day off, I came back in and a lot of items were mmissing. I informed my manager that they were missing from my day off, when somebody else was working.

The manager stated that it 'only' happens in my shop.

Today (my day off), he went out to my shop.

He has texted me, twice accusing me of accusing the cover of stealing, and saying it's unfair of me to do that.

I nevrr once said that, which i stated to my manager. He then said that I implied it, which I did not. He said that was my implication, or why else would i tell him that stock was missing.

I feel I'm being falsely accused here, and am wondering should I make a complaint about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I would. If stuff is going missing and this guy isn't taking it seriously then you need to ensure that your own ass is covered as it WILL be discovered by someone who DOES care sooner or later.

The fact that he's texting you back n forth rather than meeting/calling you in person to discuss speaks volumes to me as to his "management" abilities

Keep all texts and raise it with HR/his manager (depending on how the company is structured)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Thank you. Tbh, i prefer that this is being done through text, as i have proof of what I'm being accused of.

He has now, in response to a text from me stating that I never made any accusations, cut my hours :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thank you. Tbh, i prefer that this is being done through text, as i have proof of what I'm being accused of.

He has now, in response to a text from me stating that I never made any accusations, cut my hours :/

Send an email to the HR team/his manager detailing the problem, the fact that you've raised it with him and his responses to date - do mention that you have a full record of the texts if they need to review it.

Also ensure that any emails you send/receive on this are BCC'd to your external private email address.. just in case you needed them later on!

Advertisement