Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good lisencing story

Options
  • 06-08-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Just said I'd share as there does be a lot of talk of waiting times refusals etc
    I left my application in letterbox of local station last Wednesday night
    I do not know the garda involved or anything
    Got payment form back in post this Wednesday morning and remember it was a bank holiday weekend !!!
    I thought it was good going anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Just said I'd share as there does be a lot of talk of waiting times refusals etc
    I left my application in letterbox of local station last Wednesday night
    I do not know the garda involved or anything
    Got payment form back in post this Wednesday morning and remember it was a bank holiday weekend !!!
    I thought it was good going anyway

Sure was

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That's pretty quick alright. Nice one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Had an interview with the super in Henry Street last Thursday grant letter received two days later,paid the fee licence arrived along with the Deer licence yesterday morning.All in all just under a week. Thats the way it can be done by the way the Super was a thorough gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You must have got him on one of his very rare good days when it comes to liscensing then.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jobseek

Are these new applications?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

My third gun

Shaner82 wrote: »
    My third gun
    Thanks, that was very quick to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

jobseek wrote: »
    Thanks, that was very quick to get it

I put in the application for a rifle last Friday, Tuesday got a letter with the reference number and the three month to make a decision etc. So let's see how long the grant letter takes to come. It is my second firearm, if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

jobseek wrote: »
    Are these new applications?

It was a renewal of one of the 5 I have.Have to say I found the man to be very cordial & accommodating,he was apologetic in fact about any inconvenience the meeting may have caused.It is the new way of doing licencing in Limerick region,every FAC holder will eventually have a meeting with the Super so I was informed.Absolutely nothing to fear from it either I believe it is a good system to put a face on who signs your firearms licence application.Any queries or doubts both sides have can be aired in a way that the Gardai are comfortable with you & you with them.I left that meeting glad of the opportunity for a chat & pleased the man took the time & effort to arrange it.

I just put in an application for substitution of an existing license, this gun is now sold, i have a new one to add to it, so be interesting to see how long this takes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

oldtart wrote: »
    I put in the application for a rifle last Friday, Tuesday got a letter with the reference number and the three month to make a decision etc. So let's see how long the grant letter takes to come. It is my second firearm, if that makes any difference.

The grant letter arrived today for the 22lr rifle. It took 2weeks and 2 days, can't complain about that.

Advertisement