Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Also soon to be homeless!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

NipNip wrote: »
    You're wrong. I want to know what my legal obligations in relation to this contract are.

If you both signed, then you are each liable for the full amount, unless there is a specific clause in the lease which specifically lays out the % or the amount that you are to pay. How you break that amount out between you is not the LLs concern.

If there is such a clause, post it here (or else the clause that you thinks gives you an out from the J&S obligation). or in the legal forum mayeb so you can get actual advice

The LL would chase your former partner too, if it was worthwhile, but you are the one in the house and the only one on which he can put pressure. So, absent that clause that you are going to post, you are going to have to come up with the payment, or get a notice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 656 ✭✭✭NipNip

mloc123 wrote: »
    Simple solution here. Move out of the house, let your ex move in and continue and find somewhere you can afford on your own.

Funnily enough, that is exactly what my ex partner proposed. In between hitting me off walls and just random punches on the face and throwing me around the house, kicking me up stairs, throwing me onto the bed, a few slaps across the head for trying to speak, getting a few good whacks across the head for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Funnily enough, that is exactly what my ex partner proposed. In between hitting me off walls and just random punches on the face and throwing me around the house, kicking me up stairs, throwing me onto the bed, a few slaps across the head for trying to speak, getting a few good whacks across the head for good measure.

That's horrible, but has nothing to do with the question you asked. I'm sure everybody would sympathise with your situation, but it doesn't alter the facts of your tenancy agreement with the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

All of which has nothing to do with your Landlord. Either you should pay the full rent, get in another person or move out. End of. Your domestic situation is nothing (0% importance) to the Landlord just as his is nothing to you.

endacl wrote: »
    That's horrible, but has nothing to do with the question you asked. I'm sure everybody would sympathise with your situation, but it doesn't alter the facts of your tenancy agreement with the landlord.

It has everything to do with why my sympathy for landlords is diminished. I want to know exactly what I am legally obliged to pay. Let the landlord pursue the other scumbag for the rest. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

*snipped legal stuff*

I've told you what you need to do to get out of this.
    Get onto the PTRB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Again, this is nothing to do with your landlord... It is a personal matter.

I don't know what solution you want here. I assume you want to stay in the house, pay 50% and have the landlord chase your ex every month for the other 50%?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Talk to the PRTB they will give you great avice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It has everything to do with why my sympathy for landlords is diminished. I want to know exactly what I am legally obliged to pay. Let the landlord pursue the other scumbag for the rest. :)

You really just want to have a rant, don't you?

Ah well. Best of luck with it. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You can't use your landlord as an agent to exact revenge on your previous partner.

I'll say it again, take responsibility for your own actions (in this case paying for the service the LG provides).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

At the end of the day, the landlord has rented it for X amount and he relies on getting that much each month. It is all well and good saying he should have sympathy for your situation but what about his? Maybe he has bills to pay and relies on the rent to do so..

mloc123 wrote: »
    Again, this is nothing to do with your landlord... It is a personal matter.

I don't know what solution you want here. I assume you want to stay in the house, pay 50% and have the landlord chase your ex every month for the other 50%?

That is exactly what I want. I want to know of legal obligations to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

your full name is on the lease. you pay the rent. You have to collect it from your ex.YOU are still in the house. your ex is not. That's the end of it.And matter of factly, I do agree with another poster in regards to the lost was to www.tellmeexactalyhwatIwanttohear.com :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'm locking this up till I can deal with it properly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You're wrong. I want to know what my legal obligations in relation to this contract are.

As we are not allowed offer or proffer legal advice- move on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- you need help that we are not in a position to offer on this forum.
    I am going to say this for once and for all- contact Women's Aid concerning the abuse you have suffered. Contact Threshold, your Community Welfare Officer and your Council's Housing Officer- regarding your lack of accommodation.

We cannot offer legal advice on Boards.ie (this is across the entire website- and not just this forum)- and many of the issues you are discussing and that have cropped up on this thread- are either subjects we do not allow, or more suited to other fora (such as State Benefits for example).

I am closing the thread- for for a number of reasons- not least because you are ignoring legitimate genuine advice from posters- and for the simple reason- the thread has descended into a free-for-all with both you- and a myriad of other posters, blatantly ignoring the forum's charter and going off on crusades.

7 people have received warnings and infractions on this thread- which is quite a record. We don't often come across this level of misconduct on a single thread- and the moderators of this forum are not amused.

Regards,

The_Conductor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement