Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Saleries 2014

Options
  • 06-08-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Saw in my search there was a thread for previous years, figured might as well have one this year.

I'm a recent Graduate and have been applying for jobs since June and hearing very little back. I got an email this morning from a company I applied to a month ago or so asking me to answer a bunch or questions in order to "assist them in reviewing my application". One of the questions is "What are your salary expectations?".

The position is for a Java Developer with a big enough company to my knowledge. In terms of experience I did a six month work placement as part of my college work and a half decent fyp. One of the companies recruiters also approached me at my colleges fyp open day but this appears to have nothing to do with that as I had to apply to the general application on their website after hearing nothing back from this particular recruiter.

What short of salary should I reply to them with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Im generalising, but speaking from what ive seen, theres a couple of major factors...

Location - if outside Pale/cities, something south of 30K. If inside, north of it (money would ramp up significantly in any decent company inside Pale if your good).

Might squeeze an extra few K off them if you have a 1.1 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

This thread is under two months old.

Advertisement