Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars that take reservations - City Centre

Options
  • 06-08-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Need some recommendations please as haven't time to scope everywhere myself.

Am organising a leaving do so need a city centre bar/pub that will reserve tables for us. Group of about 20ish.

Nowhere grotty please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Against the Grain and the other Galway Bay Brewing pubs do as well, (Black Sheep, Brewdock, Alfie Byrnes) I'm pretty sure you need to order food to get that though.

Bull & Castle certainly used to reserve some tables not sure if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What type of venue do you want? Bar or club or in-between?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Bar please :)

Music is fine but want to be able to hear the person I'm sitting next to.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I was up in Bull & Castle last night and they wee advertising on their menu about reserving tables - Most Craft beer pints including Galway Hooker and Liberties Lager were €4.45 each - Barman said it runs from Monday - Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Toulouse wrote: »
    Bar please :)

Music is fine but want to be able to hear the person I'm sitting next to.

I've arranged tables for groups of 20 in Lost Society before, they have always been helpful, and if you get the Georgian rooms its a nice mix between music playing but still being able to speak to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Stag's Head will reserve tables for you upstairs in the parlour bar, not sure about ground floor or basement though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You can reserve space in JW Sweetman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

The Bank on Dame Street is lovely and does platters of finger food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pretty much everywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

just had a table recently for 20 in the Market Bar. Great food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

hayser wrote: »
    The Bank on Dame Street is lovely and does platters of finger food.

What Hayser said! Don't think you'll do better than the bank for a bit of decent food and drinks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Bull and Castle do free chicken wings, chips and a bottle of beer if you book a table on a Friday as wel, although if you ask nicely you might get it another day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was in Sinnotts (opposite the Gaiety) last week and they had a good few tables down the back reserved, plenty of space there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any bar that isn't willing to have a guaranteed 20 punters drinking in their bar for 2/3 hours is missing a trick to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Yea, just pick somewhere you like and ring them up.

Advertisement