Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asked to give reference for someone i dont know for Irish residency

Options
  • 06-08-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All
    I started a job earlier this year in a very small company. After 2 weeks i was asked by a co-worker (from the Philippines) could he use me as a reference for his residency and asked me for my details. I was kind of put in a spot and felt I had to agree as I didn’t want to make an enemies in the new job. I agreed and signed the forms and gave my details.
    After another week he handed in his notice and left for a few months to travel with some bullsh1t story that him and his wife needed to travel home etc… very fishy.
    He then arrived back into Ireland and started working cash in hand with the company again. The company was very dodgy and I have since left after many the run in with the owner.
    I am looking for some advice as to who I can report this behaviour to and also take my name and details off his residency application.
    As I said I have have major problems with this employer but I want to start off with the first.
    Thanks in advance
    Mr X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Lets' stick to the one thread in Work Issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement