Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kmix - Quick Question

• 06-08-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has a Kmix and if you do would you mind checking the plug and seeing what amp fuse it has? I am after buying one from Germany which will arrive with a two pin plug and I bought permanent adaptors/converters but I just want to know what amp fuse to put in them.

Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do you know the wattage? should be on a label, like 800W or something, or post a link to somewhere selling it.

Power = watts =voltage x current

so 800W=230V x 3.487A

so 800W would need a 5A fuse as its drawing more than 3A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks for the help rubadub. Here's a link to the kenwood site itself http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/products/kmix/kmix-kitchen-machines/kmx51-kmix-kitchen-machine?TabSegment=specifications#specifications and it says it 500w so what would that be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The motor is 500W, if there are little lights etc it might use a tiny bit more, not enough to worry about. Some new mixers have heaters which would need to be accounted for.

500W will draw 2.17A so a 3A fuse will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

rubadub wrote: »
    The motor is 500W, if there are little lights etc it might use a tiny bit more, not enough to worry about. Some new mixers have heaters which would need to be accounted for.

500W will draw 2.17A so a 3A fuse will be fine.

Great thanks for that rubadub

Advertisement