Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlblayney eFibre

Options
  • 06-08-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

I have PMd my number to you guys .. can I get an answer on when eFibre will be available to me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

celtic_oz wrote: »
    I have PMd my number to you guys .. can I get an answer on when eFibre will be available to me ?

Hi celtic_oz

I can confirm that at present there are no plans to bring efibre to lines connected to the Broomfield exchange, more plans are in consideration and are at a very early change however efibre operations have informed me that the do not think they will have further information in consideration of efibre to Broomfield until mid 2015. I understand this can be very disappointing but it is the most accurate information I can offer.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Hi celtic_oz

I can confirm that at present there are no plans to bring efibre to lines connected to the Broomfield exchange, more plans are in consideration and are at a very early change however efibre operations have informed me that the do not think they will have further information in consideration of efibre to Broomfield until mid 2015. I understand this can be very disappointing but it is the most accurate information I can offer.

Thanks
    Al
    according to the efibre map Broomfield is due upgrade in Mar 2015, can you see what the status is now?

Hi celtic_oz

Thanks
    Al
    according to the efibre map Broomfield is due upgrade in Mar 2015, can you see what the status is now?
    Hi celtic_0z

The following map will show you the location of cabinets planned for your location : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (click on NGA fibre broadband network)

I have discussed broomfield with operations who have advised me it has been impacted by delays in terms of efibre deployment however hopes are that an updated timeframe will be available in the next couple of weeks

Thanks
    AL

Hi celtic_oz

Thanks
    Al
    Hi celtic_0z

The following map will show you the location of cabinets planned for your location : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (click on NGA fibre broadband network)

I have discussed broomfield with operations who have advised me it has been impacted by delays in terms of efibre deployment however hopes are that an updated timeframe will be available in the next couple of weeks

Thanks
    AL
    Any time frame now ?

Hi celtic_oz

Thanks
    Al
    Hi celtic_0z

Thanks
    AL
    Any time frame now ?
    Hi celtic_0z

I'm afraid not, there has been no further update however I am waiting on more information from efibre planning and as soon as I have this I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi celtic_oz

Thanks
    Al
    Hi celtic_0z

Thanks
    AL
    Any time frame now ?
    Hi celtic_0z

I'm afraid not, there has been no further update however I am waiting on more information from efibre planning and as soon as I have this I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al
    When will this information be available ?

Hi celtic_oz

Thanks
    Al
    Hi celtic_0z

Thanks
    AL
    Any time frame now ?
    Hi celtic_0z

Thanks
    Al
    When will this information be available ?
    I'm afraid we have no further information on Broomfield yet celtic_Oz

Thanks
    Al

Broomfield has changed from Feb 2015 to June 2015 and now to an unshaded area with no date

I assume that this is excellent news and an upgrade is imminent.

Broomfield has changed from Feb 2015 to June 2015 and now to an unshaded area with no date

I assume that this is excellent news and an upgrade is imminent.
    Hi celtic_oz

Unfortunately not, this would mean that the launch date has been sent for re-planning (commonly due to a number of networking issues unfortunately) however it won't be too long as when an area becomes unshaded it's usually updated with a new date within a week or two.

Sorry about this celtic_oz I know you have been waiting for eFibre for a while now. Hopefully we can offer better news soon.

AL

"Unfortunately not, this would mean that the launch date has been sent for re-planning (commonly due to a number of networking issues unfortunately) however it won't be too long as when an area becomes unshaded it's usually updated with a new date within a week or two."

Four weeks later and nothing.

Must be the only service in Ireland where people will pay immediately for as fast they can get and you just refuse to supply the service! 

• Advertisement

"Unfortunately not, this would mean that the launch date has been sent for re-planning (commonly due to a number of networking issues unfortunately) however it won't be too long as when an area becomes unshaded it's usually updated with a new date within a week or two."

Four weeks later and nothing.

Must be the only service in Ireland where people will pay immediately for as fast they can get and you just refuse to supply the service! 
    Hi celtic_oz

I can assure you that there is no refusal to supply a service to you. eFibre is not yet available in your are and there is no information to suggest when it will be available.

I'll pass on your feedback and hopefully this will contribute to the map being updated faster.

In the meantime I advise checking this map instead : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - the one you are checking has a big note located over it saying "Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool" - basically asking you to check your address or number on the line checker for a more accurate indication

I know this is very frustrating for sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

Hi celtic_oz

Unfortunately not, this would mean that the launch date has been sent for re-planning (commonly due to a number of networking issues unfortunately) however it won't be too long as when an area becomes unshaded it's usually updated with a new date within a week or two.

Sorry about this celtic_oz I know you have been waiting for eFibre for a while now. Hopefully we can offer better news soon.

AL

Ok its now 6 months later ( after the initial one year wait ) what is the new date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Cabinet number BRM1_E01 is active but cabinet number BRM1_E01 is not yet active an there is no specific date but it should be ready within the next 12 months.

You can view the cabinets locations here: http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

To see if your line qualifies for efibre enter your number or address on this link: https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Cabinet number BRM1_E01 is active but cabinet number BRM1_E01 is not yet active an there is no specific date but it should be ready within the next 12 months.

You can view the cabinets locations here: http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

To see if your line qualifies for efibre enter your number or address on this link: https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

Al

When I put my number in I get 
    [font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Sorry but we can't determine the broadband speed for this number. [/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Please search again using your address.[/font]

When I check by address I get :

You are in an advanced broadband area

Unfortunately eir Fibre is not yet available in your area but the good news is you can still avail of our advanced broadband service. When eir Fibre arrives in your area you will be able to upgrade for free. Our current estimate for the arrival of eir Fibre in your area is: Available within 1 year vanced broadband area

So I guess the one year wait, extended by 6 months is now extended by another year

2mbs for another year, thanks Eir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »

Al

When I put my number in I get 
    [font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Sorry but we can't determine the broadband speed for this number. [/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Please search again using your address.[/font]

When I check by address I get :

You are in an advanced broadband area

Unfortunately eir Fibre is not yet available in your area but the good news is you can still avail of our advanced broadband service. When eir Fibre arrives in your area you will be able to upgrade for free. Our current estimate for the arrival of eir Fibre in your area is: Available within 1 year vanced broadband area

So I guess the one year wait, extended by 6 months is now extended by another year

2mbs for another year, thanks Eir!
    I'm sorry the news is not better celtic_oz

Al

ok now 2 years since I started this thread and was told "not long now"

I think we can safely assume there has been no upgrade ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

ok now 2 years since I started this thread and was told "not long now"

I think we can safely assume there has been no upgrade ?
    Hi celtic_oz

Thank you for getting in touch with us :)

I am afraid the dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the lines will depend on the level of work involved and wheater consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

I am very sorry I could not offer you some better news on this today.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Can you confirm you still haven't upgraded the cabinet BRM1_001 

The status is "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location" for coming up to 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Can you confirm you still haven't upgraded the cabinet BRM1_001 

The status is "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location" for coming up to 3 years
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]celtic_oz,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid service is not available from this cabinet yet. We have an estimated forecast of 6-12 months.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]celtic_oz,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid service is not available from this cabinet yet. We have an estimated forecast of 6-12 months.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]estimated forecast of 6-12 months.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Laughing-Meme-01.jpg
    [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement