Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VMWare Workstation Configuration

Options
  • 06-08-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a PC that I use for work with a single wireless card. I connect to work using a VPN. Once connected to work, I am required to use a proxy server for internet access.

I have VMware workstation installed on the same PC with a windows 7 guest VM. Does anyone know how I can get this VM to connect to the internet, bypassing my work VPN and proxy settings on the host?.

I have tried adding a bridged network adapter to the VM, but it doesn't seem to work. If I use a NAT'd adapter it picks up my work VPN details.

Cheers!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bernard McGinley

I would have expected bridged network to work, there is a setting to control which adapter it bridges to. It may be on auto and bridging to vpn rather than wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Cheers Bernard,

I will take a look at that.

Advertisement