Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rugby Championship MMXIV

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Axel should put in a call. We could do with a 10/12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hmm, smells fishy. Whilst he doesn't have a great track record I think it's all to easy to presume he's dropped the ball in a big way again. Let's wait and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

I don't know if there is a thread for the Aus rugby team, but from what I gather some people in the know have sent an email around explaining whats happening in the Aus camp.

Here's what was in the email:
    http://whrl.pl/Rd6D5T

It might be true, then again it might not be, but from what I'm hearing from Australia they seem to think it fits.

That email reads like it was written by a 12 year old

That email reads like it was written by a 12 year old

Haha yeah.

Just to be clear, no defamatory style accusations like those will be permitted on this board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

3473807-6408590636-link1.jpg

Innocent until proven guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Morf wrote: »
    I'd hitch-kick every time if it worked as well as it does for WLR.

Saw the 'cutting' Dagg was doing that seemed to be related to QC doing his knee on Saturday too.

In short: They're better than I'll ever be and I'm envious.

No question he is an excellent player and one of the stand-outs against NZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Apparently next year's fixtures are more or less sorted. South Africa playing NZ and Pumas at home, only playing Wallabies away. Already talk of next year being our chance to win the championship.
    Wont really be the same with only 3 games, not really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

Jacovs wrote: »
    Apparently next year's fixtures are more or less sorted. South Africa playing NZ and Pumas at home, only playing Wallabies away. Already talk of next year being our chance to win the championship.
    Wont really be the same with only 3 games, not really.

No-one will really care a jot who wins next year's RC. Any of the countries would happily finish last in the RC if it meant 1st in the RWC.

They'll be looking for wins for confidence heading into October, but otherwise the results will not be so important.

It's a bit different for the 6N, because it's that bit earlier in the calendar, and also has more history behind it. Still, any of the 6 countries would happily trade a 6N title in 2015 for a RWC crown.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just saw the fixtures for next season there.

Big surprise that Arg are away for 2 of the 3 competition games..................................

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Just saw the fixtures for next season there.

Big surprise that Arg are away for 2 of the 3 competition games..................................

So are NZ.

I am outraged.

A thought occurred to me-which I haven't fully thought through but..

Why doesn't sanzar put together a team from their 3 nations and send them up north - like a lions tour?

I'm sure the idea has been kicked about a few times and I assume it's not taken place due to something. I'm just a bit too tired to work it out at the moment!

Think it's been discussed before. Always thought that myself. Or even all teams play in one nation and it rotates every year.

EDIT: Sorry, misread your post. I thought you were discussing the travelling for the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sanzar doesnt need to pool all their players into one team in order to try and beat the northern teams...

Just kidding. Would be a good watch.

• Advertisement

There is a team of sorts already like that in existence, the All Blacks

There is a team of sorts already like that in existence, the All Blacks

Imagine this; a SA front 8, and a NZ backline, and Israel Folau. :pac:

A few years ago they did have a NH vs SH match, which I think was for charity. So it been kind of tested before.

Has to have been a reason why they haven't evolved the idea into a lions-esque tour. (other than they don't need to since they beat us fine anyway haha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think there is a plan to have a one-off game between an ANZAC team and the Lions after next years WC. At least that is what New Zealand and Australia want. At the moment no Australian players would make the 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I think there is a plan to have a one-off game between an ANZAC team and the Lions after next years WC. At least that is what New Zealand and Australia want. At the moment no Australian players would make the 23.

Yeah I heard this as well. I think it is to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli landings.

Folau would get in the side. Maybe AAC on the bench. And thats about it.

• Advertisement

Falou? Beale...? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I can't see when this game could be played though as it'd have to wait until the end of the comp and the clubs will be dying to get all their players back. I don't know if there is any IRB International release windows at that time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

With their financial troubles it's no surprise to see Australia getting two home games against South Africa in Brisbane and New Zealand in Sydney.

The ABs game will sell in Sydney but how will the Brisbane game go? Up the road in the Gold Coast they had a shocking attendance would they not be better playing in Melbourne? They don't appear to play there too much, I presume there's little support with it being a big Aussie football area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

With their financial troubles it's no surprise to see Australia getting two home games against South Africa in Brisbane and New Zealand in Sydney.

The ABs game will sell in Sydney but how will the Brisbane game go? Up the road in the Gold Coast they had a shocking attendance would they not be better playing in Melbourne? They don't appear to play there too much, I presume there's little support with it being a big Aussie football area.

Melbourne is AFL central. Less chance there.

NSW and QLD are the rugby/league hotspots.

Big news in Argentina rugby...

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,9817_9572426,00.html

I think this would be really good for the domestic game in Argentina. Of course harsh on those playing abroad but good for the argentinian super rugby team starting up in 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

That could end up being a very strong SR team if it's just made up of Argie internationals. I wonder how many of them will head back though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is it workable to have just one feeder team to the international side? It doesn't allow room for bolters from elsewhere.

Is it workable to have just one feeder team to the international side? It doesn't allow room for bolters from elsewhere.

Would it not mean a stronger domestic league in Argentina? Below the super league team

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's a daft idea that will set international rugby in Argentina back decades. The national team as a pauper club side who will be getting trounced week in week out is just daft beyond belief.

It's a daft idea that will set international rugby in Argentina back decades. The national team as a pauper club side who will be getting trounced week in week out is just daft beyond belief.

So are you saying the current Argentinan team that beat Australia and should have beaten South Africa would get trounced in Super Rugby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

I was thinking that too. If the Super Rugby franchise is taken up entirely by established internationals and there's no space for up and comers, but they can't go abroad without losing out on their international career, where do they go for top end rugby?

There's a lot of questions about how this will work and I can't see all the answers being positive. A policy of domestic preference, sure, but straight up exclusionary? I'm not seeing their logic.

Advertisement