Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

wrangler wrote: »
    Auto is expected to go to 1.50 plus any way, Agri wont be much different.

Heard that Arabs are looking to get to $80 a barrel but are currently at $77

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »

Not that long ago it was 40 dollars, big implications, oil price increases will help Agri commodity prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Reggie. wrote: »

Lads will be back on the green !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It's expected to increase 50c/ltr
    Not a chance
    Auto is expected to go to 1.50 plus any way, Agri wont be much different.
    slight chance before pulling back
    Not that long ago it was 40 dollars, big implications, oil price increases will help Agri commodity prices though.
    Brent Oil barely went under $50 in the past couple of years - wti did.

I'd disagree. The days of oil being used as hedge fund gambling tools are over - that was the primary cause of the spike to $150 a few years ago.

For a retail increase of 50c, it would mean oil prices would need to rise to about $140 as the cost of refining and duties and other related costs remain constant. If oil was $1 a barrel you'd still be paying 90c a litre at the retail pump for road diesel and about 30c + vat for green diesel.

Fracking will ensure oil prices don't go crazy and already there are signs of companies ramping up fracking facilities. It costs about $40-$50 to extract a barrel by fracking and there is massive capacity in that area. Hence with prices north of $70, fracking is profitable and the taps will be turned on.

I'll forecast that whilst a small spike may still come, kero prices will fall back within a few weeks to the 650 - 680 / 1000 litres inc vat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Not a chance

slight chance before pulling back

Brent Oil barely went under $50 in the past couple of years - wti did.

I'd disagree. The days of oil being used as hedge fund gambling tools are over - that was the primary cause of the spike to $150 a few years ago.

For a retail increase of 50c, it would mean oil prices would need to rise to about $140 as the cost of refining and duties and other related costs remain constant. If oil was $1 a barrel you'd still be paying 90c a litre at the retail pump for road diesel and about 30c + vat for green diesel.

Fracking will ensure oil prices don't go crazy and already there are signs of companies ramping up fracking facilities. It costs about $40-$50 to extract a barrel by fracking and there is massive capacity in that area. Hence with prices north of $70, fracking is profitable and the taps will be turned on.

I'll forecast that whilst a small spike may still come, kero prices will fall back within a few weeks to the 650 - 680 / 1000 litres inc vat

I can't agree with you there, take vat for example, 23% of 135 is greater than 23% of 125.:confused:

I think the arabs tried to close down fracking by letting crude prices drop, now that it is rising fracking is going to be back in the picture alright to keep a cap on crude prices.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

blue5000 wrote:
    I think the arabs tried to close down fracking by letting crude prices drop, now that it is rising fracking is going to be back in the picture alright to keep a cap on crude prices.

I doubt it as a little of the framers are gone broke as they need 77 per barrel to make money that's why the price dropped so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Nail on the head. The tillage boys need it though.

lab man wrote: »
    I doubt it as a little of the framers are gone broke as they need 77 per barrel to make money that's why the price dropped so much

Fracking technology has moved on and costs of extraction are now circa $35 in many cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

CeilingFly wrote:
    Fracking technology has moved on and costs of extraction are now circa $35 in many cases

I work in this area and here at work they say that frackers need 77 dollars per barrel just to break even

lab man wrote: »
    I work in this area and here at work they say that frackers need 77 dollars per barrel just to break even

They used to require about $65-$75, but technology has changed and cost per barrel is now region $35-$45 for many of the larger operations.

Most of my info comes from Platts research.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Any prices on Green diesel around the country ?

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Any prices on Green diesel around the country ?

At 76c here per lt inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

71 inc VAT, that was last week.

71 inc VAT, that was last week.
    Just ordered off of Unecol in Waterford 71.03 cent inc VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Waternotsoda

Anyone get any quotes lately for green diesel. One of the unexpected benefits of corona is that its supposed to bring down oil prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭selectamatic

66.9c for green at the pump, Casey's Roscommon town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Grueller

63 a litre inc VAT last Wednesday. Campus oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Jb1989

66.9c for green at the pump, Casey's Roscommon town.

86 at local pump. Your doing well

• Advertisement

Anyone order a fill of diesel ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

3000 litres.
    84.86 litre
    92.46 including vat. (13.5%)
    Jones oil. Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Grueller

Gods Gift wrote: »
    3000 litres.
    84.86 litre
    Jones oil. Yesterday

Shop around, that sounds very dear

Grueller wrote: »
    Shop around, that sounds very dear

Yeah sounds high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

94 at my local pump, 74 to buy in volume

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ally k

1000 litres delivered here Friday 28th feb 70cent a litre so was 700 including vat im in Donegal ...that sounds very expensive where you lads are ??

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

3000 litres.
    84.86 litre
    Jones oil. Yesterday

I'd be straight into their office this morning to complain and demanding 500 off that bill. Did they supply vasline with the diesel

I'd be straight into their office this morning to complain and demanding 500 off that bill. Did they supply vasline with the diesel

I think the most I ever paid for diesel was 75c inc vat over the last 2 years. Has to be a mistake made there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

62 cent incl vat.west.cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

3000 litres.
    84.86 litre
    Jones oil. Yesterday

What colour is that diesel?

Advertisement