Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I'd be straight into their office this morning to complain and demanding 500 off that bill. Did they supply vasline with the diesel

Why? If he ordered it at that price there's not a lot he can do but pay up

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

alps wrote: »
    What colour is that diesel?

Must be green as it’s at reduced rate of 13.5%. Motor diesel is @ 23%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭epfff

Why? If he ordered it at that price there's not a lot he can do but pay up

Have to agree but know for again.
    Same happened with me a few years back with jones oil i used to always order and pay driver thinking they were same price for everyone operation and happy with driver etc untill i discovered they were delivering 10c cheeper to neighbour on same trip because he priced round and haggled.
    Havent bought off them since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

K.G. wrote: »
    62 cent incl vat.west.cork.

Quoted e700 for 1000l , think I'll ring one two others, they're 2 minutes away from me. wonder would your guy deliver to Meath!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Waternotsoda

€640 corrib oil roscommon town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I got a quote yesterday for 2,500 litres

Unecol oil in Waterford is 68c/ litre on accout
    Morris oil is 70c/ litre payment on delivery
    Clonmel oil is 66c/ litre on account.

I won't need diesel for another week or two, will I hang tough for another while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »

I won't need diesel for another week or two, will I hang tough for another while ?

I'm the same. Will need about 1500 by end of next week I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 29,599 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

600 euro for 900 litres of green

Just heard on radio one that the Russians and Saudis are in a price cutting war over fuel. Their expectating a price drop by 12-15c at the pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Just heard on radio one that the Russians and Saudis are in a price cutting war over fuel. Their expectating a price drop by 12-15c at the pumps

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/fuel-stations-are-price-gouging-as-fall-in-costs-not-passed-on-at-pumps-39027232.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I hope you held off. I heard of €0.50 +vat price locally today.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Prices will drop substantially in about ten days.

I expect home heat kero to be under 50c a litre incl vat based on 1000 litres.

That's about 10c below today's price.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Durrus Boy

blue5000 wrote: »

Was quoted €0.53 Inc vat today for green, €1.12 for white.
    Really shows how filling stations are 'gouging' at the pumps.....

Durrus Boy wrote: »
    Was quoted €0.53 Inc vat today for green, €1.12 for white.
    Really shows how filling stations are 'gouging' at the pumps.....

Wholesale prices changed today as refineries have oversupply.

Unfair remark on fuel stations. Their current stock was bought before todays reductions and it's not cheap running a station

When I was in the trade, you'd be lucky to get 5c a litre in a competitive area.

Expect 45c Inc vat in a week of or so from the more competitive places

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Oh, my heart bleeds for the poor aul filling station/oil company rip off merchants. There's three different filling stations with three different fuel companies near me, their prices are all exactly the same to within a tenth of a cent, competitive area my eye.
    If the price of oil was rising, fuel prices at the pumps would be increased the same day.

tanko wrote: »
    Oh, my heart bleeds for the poor aul filling station/oil company rip off merchants. There's three different filling stations with three different fuel companies near me, their prices are all exactly the same to within a tenth of a cent, competitive area my eye.
    If the price of oil was rising, fuel prices at the pumps would be increased the same day.
    I hear this like a broken record. Always from people with zero knowledge of how pricing is calculated and too lazy to bother checking.

It's 25 years since I had a connection with the industry when my girlfriend at the time had a fuel station. After 3 years, she could not sell enough coffee to make a living.

Yep, coffee sales dictate your profit.

So let me educate you (I don't comment about farming because I don't know the costs)

Diesel
    43c duty
    6c carbon tax
    10-12c refinery costs (sort of like turning wheat into bread)
    7-8c distribution costs from refinery to huge tanks, to trucks, to fuel stations and the back office costs
    7-8c retail costs - rent, rates, insurance, staff, utilities, etc.

That's about 75c
    Vat is an extra 17c

That's 92c before you add the cost of the raw oil.

At last weeks av price of $45 for Brent oil (this is what is used in Europe) and 159 litres per barrel, the raw oil element is about 26c (euro) +vat = 32c

So the forecourt price this weekend / early next week should be €1.24 on average.

Some will be lower because they want you to buy coffee (av profit almost €2 on a cup), some will be higher due to expensive rent locations.

Guess what? Prices dropping to under €1.24 in many stations as we speak.

Now, show me another industry that you can work out the full cost breakdown by a few Google searches?

BTW, this week's drop to av. $35 for Brent oil will see another 7-8c come off at end of next week / early following week.

So you still think price gouging?

Try operating a station. You're in for a very very big disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Darc19 wrote: »

When there's a shot fired in the middle east and the price at the pumps jumps 2c immediately then yes, yes you are.

Also when the price of oil is relatively low but looks set to rise and coincidentally a massive tanker lands to the forecourt to fill the tanks before the price rise occurs I'd look at it as good business.

However when the price at the pumps jumps immediately as the price of crude rises despite the fact the forecourts tanks were filled with fuel before the hike then guess what you're price gouging again.

Both practices are widespread hence sympathy is in short supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Darc19 wrote: »
    I hear this like a broken record. Always from people with zero knowledge of how pricing is calculated and too lazy to bother checking.

It's 25 years since I had a connection with the industry when my girlfriend at the time had a fuel station. After 3 years, she could not sell enough coffee to make a living.

Yep, coffee sales dictate your profit.

So let me educate you (I don't comment about farming because I don't know the costs)

Diesel
    43c duty
    6c carbon tax
    10-12c refinery costs (sort of like turning wheat into bread)
    7-8c distribution costs from refinery to huge tanks, to trucks, to fuel stations and the back office costs
    7-8c retail costs - rent, rates, insurance, staff, utilities, etc.

That's about 75c
    Vat is an extra 17c

That's 92c before you add the cost of the raw oil.

At last weeks av price of $45 for Brent oil (this is what is used in Europe) and 159 litres per barrel, the raw oil element is about 26c (euro) +vat = 32c

So the forecourt price this weekend / early next week should be €1.24 on average.

Some will be lower because they want you to buy coffee (av profit almost €2 on a cup), some will be higher due to expensive rent locations.

Guess what? Prices dropping to under €1.24 in many stations as we speak.

Now, show me another industry that you can work out the full cost breakdown by a few Google searches?

BTW, this week's drop to av. $35 for Brent oil will see another 7-8c come off at end of next week / early following week.

Yeah, i still think there's plenty of price gouging going on. I know what I see with my own eyes. Isn't it amazing that the three filling stations near me have exactly the same prices for all their fuel products all the time . They all change at the same time also even though they're supposed to have three different suppliers.
    The competition authority should have a good look at this area but we all know how useless they are.
    BTW i don't need you to educate me about anything.

tanko wrote: »
    Yeah, i still think there's plenty of price gouging going on. I know what I see with my own eyes. Isn't it amazing that the three filling stations near me have exactly the same prices for all their fuel products all the time . They all change at the same time also even though they're supposed to have three different suppliers.
    The competition authority should have a good look at this area but we all know how useless they are.
    BTW i don't need you to educate me about anything.

Competition authority did a full investigation on the industry about 5 years ago.

Found prices rose and fell in tandem with world markets and at equal times for both increases and decreases.

I did a study for the defunct pumps.ie a year before and it found same.

You can get average price charts from cheapest oil.ie and then compare international oil prices and exchange rates and you'll see the rise and falls happening in tandem

All this is online and from totally independent sources.

As for the poster that says a tanker happens to appear on a forecourt - the vast majority of stations get a delivery every week and busy stations get two deliveries a week.

Some of the motorway and very busy stations will have at least three deliveries a week.

Thankfully I held off. I'd be sick if I ordered it last week. It'll probably fall further but will it get delivered with this Corona virus.

• Advertisement

Thankfully I held off. I'd be sick if I ordered it last week. It'll probably fall further but will it get delivered with this Corona virus.

What ya get it for

Reggie. wrote: »
    What ya get it for

I didn't order any yet.

I didn't order any yet.

Ah. My 1500 tank will be running out soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ah. My 1500 tank will be running out soon
    Gallons I suppose:D?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Gallons I suppose:D?

Just getting ready for the zombies here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Got a quote for 53cent incl vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭visatorro

any prices, have to order green soon?

visatorro wrote: »
    any prices, have to order green soon?

Just buy it. Your still spending your communion money ffs

Ordered green this morning. 53c inc vat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭148multi

Ordered green this morning. 53c inc vat

Flynns?

Advertisement