Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭visatorro

Reggie. wrote:
    Ordered green this morning. 53c inc vat

54.5 from local fella this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

148multi wrote: »
    Flynns?

Top oil mullingar. Should have said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Ordered 1,300 litres just there now. 52cent inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

1500L delivered on account. 44.94c/L+vat . 51c/L inc vat. Tria Oil West Cork Oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Green 53.53
    Kero 49.86

Both inc VAT
    Both 1000L
    Topoil Co. Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

50c for green 1000l delivered
    40c for kero. Pretty sure this time last year it was the guts of 80c. Told the missus I was gonna fill the bath as well, but she objected!
    Taking 1000l of each , in meath coming from a crowd in dundalk

What way do ye think the price of diesel will go after today? Will it collapse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

davidk1394 wrote: »
    What way do ye think the price of diesel will go after today? Will it collapse ?

Today's US price was a technicality caused by it being the last day of trading for may delivery.

Whoever holds the contract must take delivery and fuel storage is almost full and storage prices have gone through the roof.

Price will open up tomorrow at about $20-$22 as it's now June delivery contracts.

In any case in Europe, Brent is the reference price and that was $26 - still 10% higher than 3 weeks ago.

So quick answer - no change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭kk.man

Darc19 wrote: »
    Today's US price was a technicality caused by it being the last day of trading for may delivery.

Whoever holds the contract must take delivery and fuel storage is almost full and storage prices have gone through the roof.

Price will open up tomorrow at about $20-$22 as it's now June delivery contracts.

In any case in Europe, Brent is the reference price and that was $26 - still 10% higher than 3 weeks ago.

Are we looking at cheaper fuel in May or June?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Darc19 wrote: »

You'd have to assume they will want to sell away the expensive stuff in stock to make hay on the cheap stuff that's practically been given away though.

• Advertisement

The carbon tax is being applied to diesel tonight. I bought 2,500 litres for 48c/L on account. It's going up by 3c/L

davidk1394 wrote: »
    The carbon tax is being applied to diesel tonight. I bought 2,500 litres for 48c/L on account. It's going up by 3c/L

Could drop by 3c again yet tho. Be interesting how the greens are gonna **** up the country now

Reggie. wrote: »
    Could drop by 3c again yet tho. Be interesting how the greens are gonna **** up the country now

I dare you to put it into the green's thread in current affairs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Almost 2 years later the same fill of green diesel has almost doubled. Filled the tank today and the docket had 84.7c/l +vat which is just over 96c/litre.

At the end of April 21 I paid 58.5/ l+ vat or 66.4c/l for the same 1500l

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

On the begiining of this thread in 2014 it was 85 - 90c so it's not that unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Ordered a fill this morning 97 incl vat payment straight away, for Monday delivery, 7 cent of a minimum going on to it next week

Talking to a supplier this morning and was told that they could have to ration fuel this summer. I got a fill this morning and lorry driver told me the depot can't get a resupply till Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Filled 1500 litre yesterday , saved 150 on yesterday's price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Had someone in looking for diesel in my yard a few days ago.

I don't sell diesel.

Mind yer tanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Grueller

Ordered 2500 litres today. 96c/l.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

It was 101.9 at the pump this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

I was told the exact same thing, 6 cent going on to it on Monday but they don’t have any supply secured for Monday as of yet.

All tractors were filled to the neck here along with about 20 drums this eve to empty the last of it out of the tank and getting refilled in the morning.

Was also told that the supplier is going back to thier bread and butter clients (farmers). Claimed they aren't going to supply the big customers as often as they always try the screw the last cent out if them and don't pay till the last second of the 30 days if at all on time. True or not, time will tell

Suppose it's better to supply 20 lads with 1000 and paid the same day than one fella with 20000 and hang on for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

With things in the Ukraine the way they are and everything, it's beginning to look like diesel will be even more of an issue than fertiliser this year......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Dozer1

paid 111c this morning at the pump for 2 drums of green diesel for the tractor,

while I was paying an ethic minority backs in with his passat and fills it with green and off into the shop with no mask etc...I know one of us was wrong, just not sure which one

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Looked at it last night to order it,98c/l. This morning it was 1.02. It's looking like it will only go one way for a while.

I’d a digger man with me today and I was asking him had he diesel in stock for himself. He had only got a fill Tuesday at 98cent. He decided to order more to fill a bowser he has in the yard as well, €1.04 he was told today. I had got it at 99 cent yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭epfff

I don't think it is rising that quickly at wholesale. Imo suppliers are running ahead of the increase.

Probably the case alright, and you can be sure that won’t happen when it starts to decrease!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Any update on diesel price thinking of filling a tank, is it probably going to get dearer in the coming year?

Advertisement