Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection issue on OpenElec when more than 1 SMB source on the same pc

• 06-08-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, having a problem connecting a raspberry pi running OpenElec to a shared drive on a windows 7 machine.

I've two drives on the machine, both shared the exact same way and with password protection disabled.

OpenElec can see both and connects to one just fine. However I keep getting asked for a username and password for the other drive despite having none set.

Had the same problem intermittently a few years back with a Nas box, never did figure out the cause. Although now that I think of it I seem to remember this only started happening on the Nas when I added the second as a source on XBMC.

Can XBMC/OpenElec have a problem with two smb shares on the same machine? Haven't found anything googling it so curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Any troubleshooting suggestions welcome. Only thing I haven't tried is removing the first source as was afraid I'd get the same issue reconnecting but might give that a go as wrecking my head at this stage!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Set a password, Windows shares always work better with a password. There is no problem having lots of shares on the same PC, the path to each share will be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Set a password, Windows shares always work better with a password. There is no problem having lots of shares on the same PC, the path to each share will be different.

yeah that seems to be the common solution that I've found. Might give it a go. Would be interested to find out why with it disabled though it works fine with XBMC until I add another drive on the same machine.

Anyway thanks for the reply, might check that first before removing the original source.

Cheers

Advertisement