Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making next day post Limerick

• 06-08-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there a way that I can get a letter in the post for delivery tomorrow?
    I remember my GP telling me ages ago that he was delivering a letter to dock road (at about 18:20) to make sure it got out in next day's post but does anyone know specifically where he is speaking about? I can't imagine there are an An Post staff working or dealing with the public after 5pm.

Help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

The business centre on the Dock Road, before the closed petrol station, after Dolans, (it is through the big huge gates on the left hand side) there is an An Post depot in there, but they have barriers, must close at six maybe. It is usually for collection of parcels. Is the letter going local? As in the same city? I often post letters and have them delivered the next day but only if they are local letters, not if it is going out of the county, much less likely. Try the depot, worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Your GP might have been talking about the post boxes further down the dock road. Mail is collected from them at 19:00 each evening.

Next day delivery is not a guarantee with standard mail though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Yes, I remember he said something about getting them in the boxes before 7pm.

Where exactly are they Kess??

Ps, they are local letters

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yes, I remember he said something about getting them in the boxes before 7pm.

Where exactly are they Kess??

Ps, they are local letters

Just down past the business centre were the An Post depot is on the Dock Road. They are the post boxes that MarkR popped up a link to.

Every weekday at 19:00 on the dot, the collection van empties the boxes, and he is usually there from about 18:50. I often have to drop mail off in the evenings, and usually use those boxes as I know they will be collected shortly after I drop off my mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks folks. I made it.

Advertisement