Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship, Division 1 and 2 and Conference 2014-15

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Murphy is all man. Gets through a power of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Norwich go ahead - peno, Ipswich down to 10 men for the peno incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ipswich force an equaliser before conceding a second.

Quite a game now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

3-1 up Norwich surely off to play Boro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wonder if the final will be a case of after the lord mayors show after the hype and intensity of this game.

• Advertisement

Bristol Rovers v Grimsby in the Conference play off final today, 2 more former league teams looking to get back into the big time of League 2. Would imagine Rovers will bring considerably more support than Grimsby but should be a decent crowd.

Into second period of extra time all square.

Bristol Rovers back in League 2 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Crowd attendance for the Bristol Rovers v Grimsby Conference Play-off Final match today?

47,029. Good grief.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Crowd attendance for the Bristol Rovers v Grimsby Conference Play-off Final match today?

47,029. Good grief.

40,000 of them were from Bristol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Jesus that's rough on Saunders literally two seconds in and his play off final over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jesus that's rough on Saunders literally two seconds in and his play off final over

Ya an awful start

Decent encounter so far, even enough

A goal ruled out from both sides but 0-0 as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Ya an awful start

Decent encounter so far, even enough

A goal ruled out from both sides but 0-0 as it stands

Yeah thought Wycombe would of imposed themselves a bit better than the have. It was all Southend pressure early on. Fancy Wycombe to play their way into it and win it

Keeper unlucky to see a brilliant free kick come off his back it will go down as an own goal I'd say but it is Wycombe who lead in ET.

Might open game up for the rest of duration hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Delighted for the Southend fans that left :pac:

Congratulations to Beefy78 and other Southend fans, what a way to win promotion, and also what a way for Wycombe to get turned over, win win!

Congrats Southend and their fans (half hearted congrats to the ones who left before the equalizer :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just got back to Dublin. Genuinely one of the best days of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Beefy78 wrote: »

Can't imagine what that must have been like, incredible way to win it. Well done and Burton will see you in League 1. :D

Have to feel for Wycombe and their fans, heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well done to Southend, although it was looking pretty grim going into the last throes of ET. And it has to be said, it was pretty uninspiring stuff from both sides; it won't go down as a classic. Not that Shrimpers' fans will give a flying wotsit about that!

• Advertisement

Preston off to a flyer in the League 1 playoff final; 2 up after 12 minutes. Poor defending by Swindon though; two set pieces for the two goals.

blueser wrote: »
    Preston off to a flyer in the League 1 playoff final; 2 up after 12 minutes. Poor defending by Swindon though; two set pieces for the two goals.

Shows you possession means feck all 70-30 in favor of Swindon there for a spell 2-0 down, Beckfords opener was great though precision ball in and Beckford was being dragged back a few a seconds before he shrugged it off and put the ball away

Swindon getting a severe going over today; 3 down coming up to half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Delighted for Preston they were unfortunate not to get auto promotion. I didn't like Swindon's approach to the last few games when they knew they had a playoff place so justice was done. Ok as manager of Swindon mark cooper has to do what you have to do but he seemed to derive pleasure from advertising the fact that he wasn't fielding full strength teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will miss today's game with not having the bank holiday off but I want Boro to go up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I would have loved to have went over to it but, unfortunately, flights from Cork to London are considerably more expensive than flights from Dublin.

Absolutely delighted though. I must admit, when we lost to Morcambe I felt that it was inevitable that we were going to be set for yet more playoff heartbreak.

That said though, had I gone over, I certainly wouldn't have left before the final whistle, partly because it was only 1-0, but mostly because, even if it was a difference of 3/4, the lads still deserve an applause for what had been a terrific season regardless.

Thankfully though it was to be our year, largely down to this legend who has now jumped to the top of my 'No Strings' list.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPOxr2UBgbgojl2Q85HdsUBmmsVr9LkLYZUSPRIiOKj3Pe8Yli1Q

stream_img.jpg

It also looks as if he'll be offered a new contract as his current one expires at the end of next season, which is brilliant as it'll surely bump up his price when we will inevitably be forced to give him up.

Only one more thing to say though......Bring on League One!!

I like the way Southend have their keeper wear the same colour as their manager's skin.

Barry Corr has left :( I'm heart broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So Watford still haven't got a manager.

EDIT: Just realised I shouldn't be posted in here any more :pac:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    So Watford still haven't got a manager.

EDIT: Just realised I shouldn't be posted in here any more :pac:

You're not welcome here anymore!:D

Barry Corr has left :( I'm heart broken.

Signed for Cambridge I see, did he play much for you last season?

Signed for Cambridge I see, did he play much for you last season?

He's our main man. I love him. Like genuinely more than a 36 year old straight man should love a professional footballer.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I see Newport had a clear out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_County_A.F.C.

major bill wrote: »

That's about par for the course in League 2, mass clear out then start again, wouldn't get many players on more than a 2 year contract, Cobblers signed a couple last season on 3 year deals and think the powers that be regretted both, so of the 3 new signings this pre season, 2 have 2 years, one has 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Only realised yesterday that BBC had lost the rights the Football League. Channel 5 now have a highlights show on Saturday evenings at 9.00pm. Watched it last night and oh sweet fcuk it's awful. Two brain dead presenters who spend most of the time chuckling and an audience set up that has people standing around a TV monitor behind the presenters. It reminds me of a bad game show. They jump between the divisions which is a bit odd and show very little ball for a 90 minute show. Worst of all, they have the rights for 3 years. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ollaetta wrote: »
    Only realised yesterday that BBC had lost the rights the Football League.

really miss the Football League Show with Manish :(

really miss the Football League Show with Manish :(

So do I :( , maybe the Beeb will see sense and sack Mark Chapman and give him MOTD2. He was easily my fave presenter of football highlights too, I can withstand Gary his goofiness is tolerable Chapman on the otherhand :mad:

Advertisement