Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship, Division 1 and 2 and Conference 2014-15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Devastating 95th minute loss for Watford at home to Ipswich yday. Got caught pushing for it in the end.

MASSIVE Easter weekend for the Hornets. Friday away to Derby and Monday at home to Boro! Both live on Sky Sports too! 6 points there and it'd be hard to see them making a mess of automatic promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Good win for Northampton in a derby of sorts (travel convenience - handy trip down M1 and in same TV region) against Luton. Going home again over Easter for family stuff but luckily enough they are at home to Cambridge when im over there, be rude not to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm off to my third Southend game of the season tomorrow. That's my lowest in maybe 25 years.

Randomly I found myself at Notts County vs Scunthorpe last Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

So tight at the top of the table, really hard to call. Derby need to stop the slide, should have got all 3 points tonight against 10 man Watford.

CBsefmHW0AAfkYu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fair to say its an eight horse race!

Watford vs. Middlesborough is live on Sky on Monday at 12:30pm. Make or break for Watford, a win is needed there if they're gonna get the automatic promotion spot.

However, their final five games are not the most difficult, and could easily pick up at least 12 points in those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Watford 1-0 up at half-time against 'Boro. Deeney with a nice finish after Woodgate misjudged the flight of a cross. A Watford win would send them top (for a couple of hours at least) as seen below:

e970ef25bcaa9f119d2190c35de11f26.png

Wolves host Leeds at 5:15pm on Sky where a win might take them into the playoff spots depending on how the 3pm's go, but wins for everyone placed 3rd-8th today wouldn't surprise me at all.

Biggest 45 minutes of Watford's season coming up now. Really think they are by far and away the best equipped team to hold their own in the PL next year too, especially with the Udinese help.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Biggest 45 minutes of Watford's season coming up now. Really think they are by far and away the best equipped team to hold their own in the PL next year too, especially with the Udinese help.

It's looking good now mate! Cracking strike from Ighalo.

Absolutely crazy league.

• Advertisement

It reckless to call but I think Bournemouth and Norwich are the most likely to go up due to their runs ins, there's going to be much heartbreak its fair to say. Both clubs also have three forwards who are in the goals with a couple of decent scoring midfielders

It reckless to call but I think Bournemouth and Norwich are the most likely to go up due to their runs ins, there's going to be much heartbreak its fair to say. Both clubs also have three forwards who are in the goals with a couple of decent scoring midfielders

You could say the exact same thing about Watford!

Norwich at the top, winning 2-0 against Sheffield Wed.

Bournemouth have turned it around, and now are drawing 2-2 with Birmingham. If they win, they go top.

Ipswich losing 2-0 against Huddersfield, they stay outside the playoff spots.

At the bottom, Rotherham crucially winning 1-0 against Brighton. Gives them a 7 point cushion to Wigan and Millwall in the relegation places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Rotherham's win has confirmed Blackpools relegation a formality anyway, it also puts pressure on Fulham big time who face a tricky trip to Charlton. The Bees left it late but took a point, Derby in next game big game for both clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Massive win for Burton at home to Wycombe, long odds on shots for automatic promotion now.

Kids got a taste of the true Cobblers experience today. One nil down after a minute and I don't recall us having any kind of meaningful shot all game. Cambridge, who hadn't won in a month could easily have got another one or two. Lovely weather today though, and nearly a sell out in current 3 sided ground.

Wolves! 4-3 win against Leeds, I saw the last 35 minutes of so and I reckon if they go up they'll be straight back down but so big is the pot of gold the club will be happy enough with that I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Norwich at the top, winning 2-0 against Sheffield Wed.

Bournemouth have turned it around, and now are drawing 2-2 with Birmingham. If they win, they go top.

Ipswich losing 2-0 against Huddersfield, they stay outside the playoff spots.

At the bottom, Rotherham crucially winning 1-0 against Brighton. Gives them a 7 point cushion to Wigan and Millwall in the relegation places.

Bournemouth won 4-2 and are now top.

Derby 1-1 Brentford.

Last minute Darren Bent goal which could prove absolutely vital. Brentford by all accounts should have been out of sight with Andre Gray missing 2 or 3 decent chances.

Not a bad result for Wolves and Ipswich in 7th and 8th respectively. Wolves can jump into the playoff spots with a win away to Birmingham today, while Ipswich (at home to Blackpool) will just miss out due to goal difference even if/when they win but draw level with 6th on points.

• Advertisement

I was listening to that game, Derby were all over the place tactically speaking. Very lucky to get anything from it.

Brentford should have won, they were tearing Derby apart at the start of the second half. Very luck goal as well for Derby, Bent pouncing on a miss-hit shot.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Brentford should have won, they were tearing Derby apart at the start of the second half. Very luck goal as well for Derby, Bent pouncing on a miss-hit shot.

Bent has made a career out of it. Such a good player at being in the right place at the right time.

Another defeat today, so season over for Northampton. Mid table will do this year, would be nice to see some different faces and ideas for last couple of games.

Nice win for Birmingham against Wolves. Still so tight at the top of the table, could come down to goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Re: Championship; Looks like auto-spots are certainly between the teams in the top 4 now. Boro look to have the trickiest fixture list so could be beyond them also.

• Advertisement

Another great result for Burton. The top 5 all won though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2 games to go in the Conference and it's very very close. Barnet a point clear of Bristol Rovers with superior goal difference too which could prove telling

Banet have are away to Kidderminster followed by Gateshead at home and Rovers are away to Dover and finish at home to Alfreton.

COME ON YOU BEES !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have been keeping an eye on the lower leagues but not as much as I meant to. Next season I am going to increase my interest and with that to keep my eye on it I am going to pick a team to follow from each league. I am not sure if i will just look at the start league table before the start and just pick a team or just a pick one out of the hat. Anyone got a suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I have been keeping an eye on the lower leagues but not as much as I meant to. Next season I am going to increase my interest and with that to keep my eye on it I am going to pick a team to follow from each league. I am not sure if i will just look at the start league table before the start and just pick a team or just a pick one out of the hat. Anyone got a suggestion.

Do an EW lucky 15 on the lower leagues that will help maintain interest. Northampton Town could be worth following as Dozen Wicked Words keeps us all updated.

patmac wrote: »
    Do an EW lucky 15 on the lower leagues that will help maintain interest. Northampton Town could be worth following as Dozen Wicked Words keeps us all updated.

Appreciate the shout for Northampton, It depends if he wants to follow a successful team though Pat! You certainly do get that authentic League 2 experience with the Cobblers though, or in other words a load of old sh*te with (very) occasional high points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

patmac wrote: »

??.

??.

A lucky 15 is a bet, basically every year I try to pick the winner of each division if I Get one winner they double the odds in Ladbrokes so it usually covers your bet. A lad down our way was heading for €350000 but Liverpool and Scunthorpe let him down and that was that.

Listening to 5 live on the wireless earphones while watching the Madrid Derby. Bristol City 6-0 up away to Bradford so they will be up tonight.Middlesboro hanging on against Wolves, Bornemouth & Norwich 1-0 up, Derby cruising, Ipswich winning and Brentford losing, great crack.

Cobblers threw away a win again, Oxford scored in last minute to draw 1 1 in meaningless mid table dirge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Newport look like they have dropped out of the playoff race, some poor results over the last couple a months.

Huge win for Millwall, that should be Wigan relegated. Massive game between Fulham and Rotherham tomorrow.

Wigan all but gone after defeat by Millwall. From an FA Cup to League One in two years.

Massive game for Watford tonight away to Forest. Must win game to keep in touch with the top 2. If they win tonight, I think they'll win out for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wigan all but gone after defeat by Millwall. From an FA Cup to League One in two years.
    Possibility that fourth from bottom Rotherham will be deducted three points for fielding an ineligible player so they're not quite dead in the water yet.

Watford win again to get back in touch. Still one goal separating them with second place and promotion! Big weekend coming as Norwich play Middlesbrough. Cheering for a draw in that one!

• Advertisement

Burton rescue a draw in the 99th minute against Carlisle. A win at Morecambe if Bury fail to win will see Burton promoted to League 1 for the first time in their history. :D

Johner wrote: »
    Burton rescue a draw in the 99th minute against Carlisle. A win at Morecambe if Bury fail to win will see Burton promoted to League 1 for the first time in their history. :D

Well deserved too, have been a good, decently run club for a few years. Hopefully they can get up and stay there, League One is hard to stay in.

It'll be lively at the Cobblers this weekend, Gary Johnson is coming back with his latest team. He did a great job of nearly sending us down whilst getting rid of all our best players and bringing in the dross his brother had "scouted".

Have little time for his successor Aidy Boothroyd, but he saved the club that year and did a fantastic job of saving us from an almost impossibly bad position. That's why he'll never get as bad a reception should he ever come back.

Good (meaningless) win for the Cobblers, 2 nil at home to Cheltenham. Gary Johnson on course to relegate 2 teams in the same season.

Burton are up! :D

Sheffield Wednesday draw level at Bournemouth through a 95th minute penalty. A goal that could have a huge impact come the end of the season.

Strange day for those challenging near the top of the Championship really, only Watford won of all the top 8.

Johner wrote: »
    Burton are up! :D

Hopefully they can finish the job and go up as Champions now, many congratulations.

Cobblers have to go to Burton so we might well give you three of the points you need!

Paully D wrote: »
    Sheffield Wednesday draw level at Bournemouth through a 95th minute penalty. A goal that could have a huge impact come the end of the season.

Strange day for those challenging near the top of the Championship really, only Watford won of all the top 8.

:D

Two wins and we're up. We're also playing first next week at 12:15 so I think that suits us. A win would be massive and heap tonnes of pressure on the three below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

For a while today Barnet were 2 points behind Bristol Rovers in the live table. But come 5pm they were a point clear. A home win next Sat against Gateshead will seal the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Charlton wouldnt let me and my mate into the game against Leeds because it was a restricted game, whats that all about?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    For a while today Barnet were 2 points behind Bristol Rovers in the live table. But come 5pm they were a point clear. A home win next Sat against Gateshead will seal the deal.

It's great they are bouncing straight back, hard league to escape the longer they are there.

Cobblers at the Hive will be the game to be at next season

Advertisement