Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirks of black and white cats

• 06-08-2014 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

We have 2 black and white cats and there's a few similarities between them that our black cat and tabby and white cat don't share. Now the 2 tuxies seem prone to a mix of big build and well, lets just say they seem built for comfort rather than speed :D. They seem a bit clumsier than the others, both like lots of water are more vocal and sleepier than the other 2.

It got me wondering if others with tuxedo cats have noticed the same thing or if my 2 are just odd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm not sure if mine counts as a tuxedo - he's got the tuxedo markings, but he's grey, not black, so I call him 'business casual.'

He's very agile, not clumsy at all - he can jump so high and seems to have great coordination. He doesn't talk much, but he will when his food bowl is empty or when he makes it up to the top of the refrigerator and wants me to come see.

The Siamese on the other hand can't even manage to jump up to the kitchen counter, much less the top of the refrigerator and she talks all.the.time (which, in fairness, is typical of the breed). If I'm home, she's following me around and talking, especially if i go into the kitchen. She's much more interested in cuddling and grooming him, which he seems to grudgingly enjoy for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Ya I have noticed the same type of thing with my 3 year old female. Clumsy in comparison to her sister (non tuxedo) much more placid temperament and more playful. More fonder of her comfort and play than her sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Max would fall into the same group. He lacks that cat like grace that cinnamon and every other cat I've ever had has. Without even looking you can tell who's jumped from the windowsill... Max always lands with a massive thunk! Always falling off the couch/bed too, bless.

Advertisement