Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted-le mond trainer

Options
  • 06-08-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Looking for a le mond turbo trainer

ideally the lemond revolution 1.1 indoor trainer.

looking to see if anybody is selling any before I buy one new..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

where are you looking for a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

I'm looking to see if anyone is selling one before I splash out on a new one..base 2 race have them in stock..

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

joe14 wrote: »
    I'm looking to see if anyone is selling one before I splash out on a new one..base 2 race have them in stock..

Cheers. I looked a while back and they were like hens teeth to get, even new.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Just to stick a small fly in the ointment, why are you getting the lemond?

Elite and Wahoo both have direct drive trainers but they are fluid unlike the lemond which is fan based and thus much more noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

I now elite read them but didn't think they would be any good,supposedly the le Monds are a lifetime job,thanks I'll look into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

I now elite read them but didn't think they would be any good,supposedly the le Monds are a lifetime job,thanks I'll look into it

Check DC rainmaker, the wahoo kickr gets a great review.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Elite make great turbos don't over look them. The Kickr is also in use by Jackyback as far as I recall so worth asking him how he is getting on with it.

It you are using it at home the noise of the fan is ridiculously loud. Fluid is far quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I have a LeMond trainer and I absolutely love it. The fan is certainly noisy, but it's no more noisy than what I was already using (basic trainer - not fan based)...however, def look into all the options, and if you can find a trainer that equals the LeMond AND is as quiet as a church mouse, then go for it!

Advertisement