Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting bellybutton piercing redone after 6 years

Options
  • 06-08-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I got my bellybutton pierced six years ago and I don't think it was done right on day 1 because the bottom of the bar didn't actually exit in my bellybutton (if that makes sense). It's just above it and it didn't bother me too much in the beginning because it wasn't that noticable. Within the first year of getting it done though, the skin between the top and bottom of the bar shrank (as if the bar was growing out). I think that it is still slowly growing out and want to let it close up but want to get it done again, properly this time, as I still like the piercing.

How long is it likely to take to close up and will it be possible to get it done again since I have had it for years. You can clearly see the marks from where the piercing was on the first day btw, so there will almost definitely be scarring from it.

Advertisement